Found stolen/dumped bike in Surbiton nr Station ...

Old August 18th 05, 11:44 PM
elyob

Default Found stolen/dumped bike in Surbiton nr Station ...

There's a fairly stripped bike been left in my flats grounds. Saddle has
gone. But most of the rest is still there. It looks a bit mucky, the
previous owner probably never cleaned the gearing. I don't have a serial
number at the moment. I'll take a cloth to it tomorrow.

Okay. It is a gents bike. Silver. Big frame. The drop bars have been turned
upside down.

Anyone missing one?

I guess I should next find the serial number and report/deliver to the local
plod shop?

I'm also thinking that I may be able to tidy it up and keep/sell it (after
following the proper procedures).

So, URC, advice please. It's been there for 2 weeks and none of the 'in same
block' cagers blinked at it. I've now brought it in, so every 'in same
block' cager will see it tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow I will get the serial #, but have no place to store the bike.

Thanks

Nick

Old August 19th 05, 09:21 AM
David Martin

elyob wrote:
[...]

Get the # and a photo and inform the local plod. They will record it,
have very little interest and after a period of time you can keep it
(after going through the official procedure.)

...d

The Ugly Bike [email protected] General 4 October 17th 05 02:43 PM
The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
If you think your bike was stolen outside Baker St. station... AndyMorris UK 2 July 20th 03 10:20 PM