"Whether Kohl was also cheering is currently unknown"

Old October 13th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

Default "Whether Kohl was also cheering is currently unknown"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

Old October 13th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 13, 12:27 pm, "Robert Chung"
wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

Is LANCE still going to feel the need to come back now that it's clear
this "new era" in cycling refers only to new drugs and new tests?
Old October 13th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

You wonder if maybe they ought to keep the results secret for a while,
leaving the riders in a state of fear, uncertainty & doubt. There's
something to be said for the idea that you just don't know what they
might be able to test for down the road and nail you on. Continuing to
race with that sort of cloud hanging over you could be very damaging
mentally.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old October 13th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Oct 13, 2:01*pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

You wonder if maybe they ought to keep the results secret for a while,
leaving the riders in a state of fear, uncertainty & doubt. There's
something to be said for the idea that you just don't know what they
might be able to test for down the road and nail you on. Continuing to
race with that sort of cloud hanging over you could be very damaging
mentally.

Oh, not just that. I've been thinking that what they should do is
announce "we've got some positives, but we're not going to say how
many until date XXX. Anyone who cops to doping before date XXX gets a
reduced sentence, and anyone who waits until date XXX when we announce
our findings gets the book thrown at them." That way you'd
potentially catch even more of these bums.

**** their mentalities.

-rj
Old October 13th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

"Robert Chung" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

I like your idea, however even after being caught, 9 times out of ten
they persist in their denials. richard virenque is a wonderful example
of such mentality. Another thing too is they get a lot of lead time to
spend and hide their ill gotten winnings, I think lifetime ban should
be the start. The one thing is the judicial process should be very
clear, with the presumption of innocence for the cyclist in question,
and the labwork should be beyond reproach and positive results
confirmed by a separate independant lab.
Old October 13th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

VandeVelde is now fourth. And climbing.

Old October 13th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

Carl Sundquist wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

VandeVelde is now fourth. And climbing.

Speaking of climbing, the polka dot goes to...

Old October 13th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ted van de Weteringe

Robert Chung wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
VandeVelde is now fourth. And climbing.

Speaking of climbing, the polka dot goes to...

Well, with F. Schleck on shaky ground already, it'll only take the
toppling of Sastre to get the polka dot jersey to... A French hero.
Old October 13th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 13, 6:09*pm, Ted van de Weteringe
wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
Carl Sundquist wrote:
VandeVelde is now fourth. And climbing.

Speaking of climbing, the polka dot goes to...

Well, with F. Schleck on shaky ground already, it'll only take the
toppling of Sastre to get the polka dot jersey to... A French hero.

I have professed my belief that sastre is clean, I may be naive, I may
be in for a surprise, but sastre was always a climber and this year he
didn't do anything freaky that I could point to and say that's not
normal ( like I did when floyd crossed the line on stage 17)
Old October 13th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:10:28 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
wrote:

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...t08/oct13news4

VandeVelde is now fourth. And climbing.

Check the list I posted the other day, he was on it with Kohl, I say
he's next to come down.