You can be done for RLJ even if you haven't done it

Old August 26th 15, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default You can be done for RLJ even if you haven't done it

If you don't identify the actual perp, YOU will get done instead.

QUOTE:
Emma Stevenson, 33, of Fairlea Close, Burgess Hill, was fined £600, with a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs, and six penalty points added to her licence. She had been convicted in her absence of failing to identify a driver suspected of going through a red light.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news...ults-1-6922734
Old August 26th 15, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 26/08/2015 18:37, Alycidon wrote:
If you don't identify the actual perp, YOU will get done instead.

QUOTE:
Emma Stevenson, 33, of Fairlea Close, Burgess Hill, was fined £600, with a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs, and six penalty points added to her licence. She had been convicted in her absence of failing to identify a driver suspected of going through a red light.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news...ults-1-6922734

There *has* to be something else to this story, but I can't find any
further details. It all sounds ridiculous.
Old August 26th 15, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default Village idiot supports number plates for cyclists.

On 26/08/2015 18:37, Alycidon wrote:
If you don't identify the actual perp, YOU will get done instead.

QUOTE:
Emma Stevenson, 33, of Fairlea Close, Burgess Hill, was fined £600, with a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs, and six penalty points added to her licence. She had been convicted in her absence of failing to identify a driver suspected of going through a red light.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news...ults-1-6922734

Shame the same rules don't apply to serial law breaking cyclists.
Old August 26th 15, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 26/08/2015 18:45, David Lang wrote:
On 26/08/2015 18:37, Alycidon wrote:
If you don't identify the actual perp, YOU will get done instead.

QUOTE:
Emma Stevenson, 33, of Fairlea Close, Burgess Hill, was fined £600,
with a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs, and six penalty points added
to her licence. She had been convicted in her absence of failing to
identify a driver suspected of going through a red light.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news...ults-1-6922734

Shame the same rules don't apply to serial law breaking cyclists.

Er, the (apparently) innocent party got the fines and 6 penalty points.
Do you agree with that?

Old August 26th 15, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 26/08/2015 18:56, Bod wrote:
On 26/08/2015 18:45, David Lang wrote:
On 26/08/2015 18:37, Alycidon wrote:
If you don't identify the actual perp, YOU will get done instead.

QUOTE:
Emma Stevenson, 33, of Fairlea Close, Burgess Hill, was fined £600,
with a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs, and six penalty points added
to her licence. She had been convicted in her absence of failing to
identify a driver suspected of going through a red light.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news...ults-1-6922734

Shame the same rules don't apply to serial law breaking cyclists.

Er, the (apparently) innocent party got the fines and 6 penalty points.
Do you agree with that?

If you are the registered keeper of a vehicle & refuse to identify the
driver you get prosecuted. That's the law.

If cyclists had registration plates and were properly regulated the same
would apply to them. That would overload the legal system in days.
Old August 26th 15, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 26/08/2015 19:00, David Lang wrote:
On 26/08/2015 18:56, Bod wrote:
[...]

It didn't mention that she was the registered keeper.
Old August 26th 15, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 18:44:41 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/08/2015 18:37, Alycidon wrote:
If you don't identify the actual perp, YOU will get done instead.

QUOTE:
Emma Stevenson, 33, of Fairlea Close, Burgess Hill, was fined £600, with a £60 victim surcharge, £85 costs, and six penalty points added to her licence. She had been convicted in her absence of failing to identify a driver suspected of going through a red light.

http://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/news...ults-1-6922734

There *has* to be something else to this story, but I can't find any
further details. It all sounds ridiculous.

Same with speeding - if you don't identify the driver, the crime gets laid at the door of the registered keeper. My missus got done for speeding twice - I got the default fine and had to tell plod that it was her driving and not me.

You have to be truthful though, otherwise you will get done for perversion of justice and maybe jailed.

Old August 26th 15, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 26/08/2015 18:56, Bod wrote:
[...]

Quite right! Shall we organise an anti cyclist march? You can be the
mouthy one at the front with the megaphone.
Old August 26th 15, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

On 26/08/2015 18:56, Bod wrote:
[...]

Stoned already are we Bod?