Crank Bolt Quandry

Old December 15th 05, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Crank Bolt Quandry

I currently have Shimano Tiagra Triple crank and square tapered bottom
bracket.

I just purchased a Cannondale crank (Sugino) for use with Octalink
bottom
bracket. If I buy an Octalink bottom bracket, most come without crank
bolts.

What crank bolts would be compatible with my new setup and where can I
find
them?

Would the old crank bolts/dust caps be compatible with the new setup?

Thanks,

Kerry

Old December 15th 05, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

bicycle wrote:
I currently have Shimano Tiagra Triple crank and square tapered bottom
bracket.

I just purchased a Cannondale crank (Sugino) for use with Octalink
bottom
bracket. If I buy an Octalink bottom bracket, most come without crank
bolts.

What crank bolts would be compatible with my new setup and where can I
find
them?

Any good bike shop should have them. I bought an Ultegra crank without
bolts and my favorite shop didn't blink when I asked them for some.
They're even available as an aftermarket item:
http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=CR1642

Would the old crank bolts/dust caps be compatible with the new setup?

No. The thread size is very different.

Thanks,

You're welcome.

Kerry

Jeff

ultegra octalink: tick Tick TICK TICK TICK! H. Guy Techniques 44 February 2nd 05 02:56 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Ruined allen socket head on a crank bolt. How to remove? Michael Slater Techniques 15 September 15th 04 04:23 AM
Self-extracting crank bolt failure MGS Techniques 4 March 23rd 04 01:03 AM