Sunday early morning ride.

Old December 7th 08, 06:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

Default Sunday early morning ride.

It is cold and clear and 6:30 am. Off out for my Sunday mooring ride. I see
some nice dawns on these early morning trips . Wind is low . Going now!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old December 7th 08, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 06:37:40 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
said in
:

It is cold and clear and 6:30 am. Off out for my Sunday mooring ride. I see
some nice dawns on these early morning trips . Wind is low . Going now!

We got the tandem out yesterday but it's a bit too chilly for Peter
this morning. I'm just off to church on the Brom.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old December 7th 08, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
It is cold and clear and 6:30 am. Off out for my Sunday mooring ride. I see
some nice dawns on these early morning trips . Wind is low . Going now!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Just got back with 25 miles on the clock.Fantastic morning clear sky and a
great sunrise!

It was cold but my knee warmers kept my knees working -- but my new winter
gloves aren't as good as my old ones. I had to stop to defrost my fingers.

I confess to taking one of those gel pack things which can fit into your
pocket . I was glad I did and I activated it to warm my hands -- and then put
it into the back pocket of my top. It made a nice little warm spot at the
bottom of my back

Old December 7th 08, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JP[_4_]

It was cold but my knee warmers kept my knees working *-- but my new winter
gloves aren't as good as my old ones. I had to stop *to defrost my fingers.

I confess to taking one of those gel pack things which can fit into your
pocket . I was glad I did and I activated it to warm my hands -- and then put
it into the back pocket of my top. It made a nice little warm spot at the
bottom of my back

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Which type of gel warmers do you use and how much are they, Trevor.
I've been looking at some toastie toes buy only found them for £2
each, they are a quarter of that price in USA!
My Knee warmers, and overshoes are stuck at the Royal Mail parcel
office which is closed today. Damn!
Old December 7th 08, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 09:22:12 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
m...

I had to stop to defrost my fingers.

I confess to taking one of those gel pack things which can fit into your
pocket . I was glad I did and I activated it to warm my hands --

Ooooh - sounds like a recipe for chilblains, remember them?

Old December 7th 08, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

wrote:

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
om...

I had to stop to defrost my fingers.

I confess to taking one of those gel pack things which can fit into your
pocket . I was glad I did and I activated it to warm my hands --

Ooooh - sounds like a recipe for chilblains, remember them?

Ah but I didn't take my gloves of so it was a gentle warm -- not a hot one

I remember at the top of the mountain at Roncevalles ( 2004 pilgrimage ride)
having come up in rain sleet snow fog and I had lost my gloves the day before!
I arrived in this little bar near hypothermic I dripped water everywhere and
while the coffee was arriving I held my hands under a cold water tap to ease
them back to life!

Old December 7th 08, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"JP" wrote in message

[...]

The ones I got were from LIDL a couple of years ago -- I normally use one in
bed at night when the ache in my right arm and shoulder gets too intrusive.
But they can be very hot directly on the skin and you need to be careful

They were a pack of 4 for not very much -- £3 ?

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old December 7th 08, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 09:07:55 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 06:37:40 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
said in
:

It is cold and clear and 6:30 am. Off out for my Sunday mooring ride. I see
some nice dawns on these early morning trips . Wind is low . Going now!

We got the tandem out yesterday but it's a bit too chilly for Peter
this morning. I'm just off to church on the Brom.

Guy

"off to Church" eh - I must admit I had not seen you as a religious
person.

Is lying acceptable in the eye of your God?

Surely the things which you do and say cannot be in line with the
teachings of your church.

Why not have a word with the priest and seek advice on how to deal
with people - what is, and what is not, a Christian act - what is and
what is not acceptable.

--

Many of the facts below in an article seem, on the face of it, to
suggest that helmets are not worthwhile. This could not be further
Old December 24th 08, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Artemisia

Trevor A Panther wrote:

in bed at night when the ache in my right arm and shoulder gets too
intrusive.

Ever tried a copper wrist-band for that? Worked for me.
Won't keep you warm though.

EFR
Ile de France
Old December 24th 08, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"Artemisia" wrote in message
Trevor A Panther wrote:

in bed at night when the ache in my right arm and shoulder gets too
intrusive.

Ever tried a copper wrist-band for that? Worked for me.
Won't keep you warm though.

EFR
Ile de France

This was a very late response to an old post.

Surprisingly my 101 yr old dad wears one on each wrist and believes they work.

I do not believe -- but then I have never tried it!

Early Morning Ride Trevor A Panther UK 2 May 13th 07 09:43 AM
An Early Morning Ride Naomi Unicycling 12 August 11th 06 04:55 PM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM
An Early Morning Ride john_childs Unicycling 2 June 2nd 04 08:48 AM
An Early Morning Ride Naomi Unicycling 2 May 31st 04 08:47 AM