Why don't cyclists learn to use their brakes?

Old November 20th 11, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper[_2_]

Default Apology (Was:Why don't motorists learn to use their brakes andnot crash into cyclists?)

On 20/11/2011 13:36, Mrcheerful wrote:
Simon Weaseltemper wrote:
On 20/11/2011 12:56, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 02:50:03 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

Apparently, he has already been reported about his trolling.

Which appears to have stopped following comments on this group, which
demonstrates that unlike JMS, medjob and cheerless, to name but
three, the responsible party can at least take a hint.

Those three do not take hints, they need the law acting on them. Which
is fine, but it takes time. Often several years from outset but it is
worth it in the end.

tell me: Why don't all these cyclists that I offend go to the moderated
group and chat to each other there? I promise that I won't post to that
group. Please also feel free to point out any post of mine which directly
attacks or harrasses any individual. or any which use abusive language.

You do not offend cyclists, you offend people. If relatives of the dead
read your vile posts I am pretty damn sure they would be offended. Still
the damage is done now.

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.
Old November 20th 11, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

* wrote:

[...]

For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.- Hide quoted text -

I think Cheerless will find that I have been here since 1997 and am
damned if I am moving to urcm because of morons and shroud wavers like
him. I am not going anywhere.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 20th 11, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

What difference would it make to you? If URC was closed down then you would
go elsewhere, if you get the sack you will try to find someone else to leech
off. If you don't like the company you drink with then you go to another
pub. etc.

Old November 20th 11, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 23:23:17 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

On our walks on rural country roads we have to walk on the rhs of the
lane and if an oncoming car meets a car coming up behind us, the
oncoming car will come to a halt and wait until they can give us wide
berth when they overtake. We always thank them for their patience.

My word your narrow rural country roads must be very busy.

I wonder what the chance is of two vehicles meeting each other at exactly the
same time as you are in the way of one?

Have you considered walking on the verge so that you don't obstruct the
traffic? Or do old cycling habits die hard?

--
"You get a real feeling of elation just for the simple act of cycling past the local hospital
where there are people of my age who have abused their bodies and suffered all sorts of ailments"

Simon Mason
Old November 20th 11, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

* wrote:

[...]

There is a particular case which will be wrapped up later this month
that will mean Cheerless will get his just deserts.
It has taken 14 months but the wait will be worth it.

--
Simon Mason

Old November 20th 11, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 20, 12:09*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 02:33:30 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason

wrote:
Didn't someone get nabbed for driving through a red light in an
attempt to clear the way for an ambulance?

Yes. It was later quashed in court.

Thanks.
I was going to waste work's time in looking it up.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 20th 11, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 20/11/2011 14:53, Simon Mason wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Tattoo, spotting the seaplane approaching the island, runs up a tower
and excitedly yells, with a French accent, "Ze Plane! Ze Plane!" and
rings a bell.

University
Old November 20th 11, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

I think Cheerless will find that I have been here since 1997 and am
damned if I am moving to urcm because of morons and shroud wavers like
him. I am not going anywhere.

But you already use urcm! That group was set up by psycholists for
psycholists who don't like people disagreeing with them. It would be an
ideal playground for you and Jus Zis **** to play in.

Old November 20th 11, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

wrote:

Apparently, he has already been reported about his trolling.

Which appears to have stopped following comments on this group, which
demonstrates that unlike JMS, medjob and cheerless, to name but three,
the responsible party can at least take a hint.

Those three do not take hints, they need the law acting on them. Which
is fine, but it takes time. Often several years from outset but it is
worth it in the end.

ROFLMAO!

Sound like it could be on the same scale as the Julian Assange extradition
case or the Bloody Sunday enquiry.