Effectiveness of Justin, Squashme and Simon (none)

Old February 16th 13, 04:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Effectiveness of Justin, Squashme and Simon (none)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:42:27 -0800, justinlewis100 wrote:

Normal in all respects

Thanks for that!
Old February 16th 13, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:57:21 PM UTC, Justin Lewis wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:19:02 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"

wrote:

Are you a motorist who has changed your behaviour in a way perscribed [sic]

by any of the above three anti-car trolls' postings in this group?

When will they realise that they are completely wasting their time?

Motorists kill cyclists but cyclists do not kill motorists.

Smithx

It is a cycling newsgroup: no attempt has been made to change

motorists' behaviour. the great majority of cyclists own cars.

You live up to your nickname: a mentally retarded dwarf with wide-set

eyes.

Old February 16th 13, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

wrote:

Are you a motorist who has changed your behaviour in a way perscribed [sic]

by any of the above three anti-car trolls' postings in this group?

When will they realise that they are completely wasting their time?

Motorists kill cyclists but cyclists do not kill motorists.

Cyclists kill pedestrians.

--
ennemm
Old February 16th 13, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Doug wrote:
On Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:33:25 AM UTC, Doug wrote:

..

Motorists kill cyclists but cyclists do not kill motorists.

Smithx

apart from when they do, by their own stupidity cause an accident which
kills someone else, such as a car driver:
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/n...clist-1-130248

Old February 16th 13, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected][_2_]

'Of the wife there is no sign, nor of the second daughter'.
Page 136, Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee
Old February 16th 13, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 16 feb, 20:25, JNugent wrote:
On 16/02/2013 04:15, Peter Keller wrote:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:47:16 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 14/02/2013 21:39, Peter Keller wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:42:44 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 14/02/2013 17:24, wrote:

I have no idea to whom you are writing nor to what you are referring.
Please be more transparent.

I have no idea to whom you are writing or to what you are referring.
Please be more transparent. And more grammatical.

Pardon? *Trying to avoid putting a preposition at the end of a sentence
or clause is not being ungrammatical. *It might just sound awkward.

The standard construction is "either ... "or", not "either ... nor".

IOW, the sentence should have been rendered:

"I have no idea to whom you are writing or to what you are referring."

I mean, full marks for "whom" and all that, but "nor" devalues it.

"nor" is correct. *It goes with the negative "no idea"

It doubles the negative.

I am afraid your posting is incorrect.

What is the difference between the following two sentences?

1) I have no idea to whom you are writing nor to what you are
referring.

2) Of the wife there is no sign, nor of the second daughter.
Old February 16th 13, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/02/2013 17:24, wrote:

[...]

You reckon there's just one difference, do you?

Squashme is obsessed with horses M Wicks UK 1 February 13th 13 01:00 AM
perspiration == effectiveness? RichD General 4 October 23rd 11 05:34 AM
Even more bad news for Squashme, Cwispin & Simple. Dave - Cyclists VOR UK 6 July 17th 11 10:50 AM
Squashme after lunch PeterG UK 0 June 20th 10 12:07 AM
Effectiveness of reflectives Danny Colyer UK 42 November 21st 05 09:37 AM