{SYD} Cyclist dies after being hit by car

Old May 28th 06, 06:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default {SYD} Cyclist dies after being hit by car

Cyclist dies after being hit by car
http://tinyurl.com/qe2dv
May 28, 2006 - 10:37AM

A cyclist has died and two others have been taken to a Sydney hospital
in a serious condition after a car ploughed into a group of cyclists.

The bike riders were cycling on the Princes Highway at Engadine south
of Sydney this morning when a car veered off the road, an ambulance
spokeswoman said.

A man died at the scene while a 43-year-old woman with shoulder
injuries and a 41-year-old man with shoulder and suspected head
injuries were taken to St George Hospital.

No further information was available, the spokeswoman said.

The accident brings to seven the number of people killed in six
separate accidents on NSW roads since Friday.

Last night, a 16-year-old died and six teenagers were injured in a road
accident involving a teenaged learner driver in country NSW.

The 17-year-old driver lost control of a utility travelling on a dirt
road on a private property at Manilla, 40km northwest of Tamworth,
about 7pm (AEST) last night.

The 16-year-old boy died at the scene after being thrown from the car
when it rolled.

The car's five other passengers and driver were taken to Manilla and
Tamworth Hospitals for treatment.

Also today, a man died in a two-vehicle crash which blocked northbound
lanes of the F3, north of Sydney.

The crash happened shortly after 6.30am (AEST) when a southbound sedan
and a van travelling north collided near the Berowra exit.

--
cfsmtb

Old May 28th 06, 01:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Really sad for all involved.
It still amazes me how people cycle on our roads with the constant efforts
of motorists. Last weekend I followed a car up the F3 and he was (at 0730
on a Sunday) weaving across all 3 lanes and lurching into the breakdown lane
(erm, where cyclists ride!) and almost bashed into me side on t one stage -
I had to go left to avoid him (into a bit of the breakdown lane). I called
000 as I followed and dobbed him in for attention. He kept going north
after I went off at Berowra - I hope he got there safely or Plod pulled him
up somewhere.
Jock

Old May 28th 06, 09:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 28 May 2006 12:19:33 GMT
Jock wrote:
Really sad for all involved.
It still amazes me how people cycle on our roads with the constant efforts
of motorists. Last weekend I followed a car up the F3 and he was (at 0730

Latest on the Engadine/Sutherland crash:

A SUNDAY morning cycling trip ended in tragedy when a man was killed
after being thrown into the path of traffic when his bicycle was
accidentally clipped from behind by his friends.

The three cyclists were riding in formation on the Princes Highway at
Sutherland - one in front and two behind - when the accident occurred.

"The two cyclists riding behind him actually collided, causing his
bike to move onto the roadway, straight into the path of an oncoming
car which was just metres behind," said Inspector Glenn Brown, of
Sutherland police.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...754873014.html
Old May 29th 06, 10:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:

Cyclist dies after being hit by car
http://tinyurl.com/qe2dv
May 28, 2006 - 10:37AM

A little more information here

http://www.26inches.com/viewtopic.php?t=2776

Parbs

another charity cyclist dies MartinM UK 32 September 21st 05 08:42 AM
Head on bike crash kills cyclist.... mrbubl General 12 August 20th 05 09:38 PM
Cyclist dies 151204 Dallas G Australia 0 December 15th 04 06:40 AM
Cyclist vs Motorist: Court find Both At Fault K.A. Moylan Australia 14 June 19th 04 12:15 PM
another cyclist dies. Steve Knight General 67 November 1st 03 08:16 PM