Warning! Two processions in London, motorists beware!

Old December 29th 10, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Warning! Two processions in London, motorists beware!

I thought I'd mention this on URC because of all the motorists here.

There will be one procession on New Year's Eve and another on New
Year's Day. Obviously Central London will be a no-go area for
motorists during such events.

The first will be the traditional monthly Critical Mass cycle ride on
Friday, with possibly 200 attendees and numerous pavement spectators,
and the second the also traditional New Year's Day Parade with an
estimated 500,000 spectators.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole cheats”
Old December 29th 10, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:
I thought I'd mention this on URC because of all the motorists here.

There will be one procession on New Year's Eve and another on New
Year's Day. Obviously Central London will be a no-go area for
motorists during such events.

The first will be the traditional monthly Critical Mass cycle ride on
Friday, with possibly 200 attendees and numerous pavement spectators,
and the second the also traditional New Year's Day Parade with an
estimated 500,000 spectators.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
*http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole cheats”

Nothing in that BBC article about CritMess, so yet again no publicity
from them.
Old December 29th 10, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:
I thought I'd mention this on URC because of all the motorists here.

There will be one procession on New Year's Eve and another on New
Year's Day. Obviously Central London will be a no-go area for
motorists during such events.

The first will be the traditional monthly Critical Mass cycle ride on
Friday, with possibly 200 attendees and numerous pavement spectators,
and the second the also traditional New Year's Day Parade with an
estimated 500,000 spectators.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
*http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you communist Effing scum, dole cheats”

Enjoy, snow is forecast just the stuff to cycle in.
Old December 29th 10, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NotMe

On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:
I thought I'd mention this on URC because of all the motorists here.

There will be one procession on New Year's Eve and another on New
Year's Day. Obviously Central London will be a no-go area for
motorists during such events.

The first will be the traditional monthly Critical Mass cycle ride on
Friday, with possibly 200 attendees and numerous pavement spectators,
and the second the also traditional New Year's Day Parade with an
estimated 500,000 spectators.

Of the 7 million people in London, 500,000 will be attending the News
Years Day parade, that's 7% or the population.
Of the 500,000 odd cyclists in London, only 200 will be attending CM,
that's 0.04% of the cycling population. The two events are not
comparable. Many of these "cyclists" like yourself are there just to
cause trouble, not to promote cycling, or to make cycling safer for
real cyclists.
The fact is critical masses make things more dangerous for real
cyclists like myself, who have to deal with motorists who have been
wound up by your threats to make London a no go zone for them. Your
threats against them just increase the dangers for people like me, or
yourself on the way home from this event. Then you wonder why you have
been hospitalised multiple times by motorists.
Old December 31st 10, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 29, 5:16*pm, NM wrote:
On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:

I thought I'd mention this on URC because of all the motorists here.

There will be one procession on New Year's Eve and another on New
Year's Day. Obviously Central London will be a no-go area for
motorists during such events.

The first will be the traditional monthly Critical Mass cycle ride on
Friday, with possibly 200 attendees and numerous pavement spectators,
and the second the also traditional New Year's Day Parade with an
estimated 500,000 spectators.

Enjoy, snow is forecast just the stuff to cycle in.

No it isn't but road closures are.

"Areas close to the display may be shut off as early as 2100 GMT limit
to prevent overcrowding, police said."

What fun for motorists!

-- .

Old December 31st 10, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 29, 6:53*pm, NotMe wrote:
On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Do you seriously imagine that such a small number of cyclists as CM in
anyway add to motorists being 'wound up'? They are fully wound up
already and just looking for trouble and any excuse to vent their
spleen on anything or anyone in their path, including fellow
motorists. So what about all the daily illegal or bad behaviour of
motorists against cyclists countrywide who have yet to encounter any
CM at all?

It is typical of motorists like you to use cyclists as a feeble excuse
for motorists highly dangerous road rage.

-- .
Old December 31st 10, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 31/12/2010 07:21, Doug wrote:
On Dec 29, 5:16 pm, wrote:
On Dec 29, 7:14 am, wrote:

[...]

Ah, yes, publicity for an event, just like CM , not.

--
Tony Dragon
Old December 31st 10, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Dec 31, 7:34*am, Doug wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:53*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Do you seriously imagine that motorists in
anyway add to cyclists being 'wound up'? They are fully wound up
already and just looking for trouble and any excuse to vent their
spleen on anything or anyone in their path, including pedestrians. So
what about all the daily illegal or bad behaviour of
cyclists against road users countrywide?
Old December 31st 10, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NotMe

On Dec 31, 7:34*am, Doug wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:53*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Yes, when CM deliberately hold them up and disrupt their journeys.
When CM deliberately ignore the rules of the road to cause congestion
then it would wind them up. When you get people like yourself whose
aim is not to improve the roads for cyclists, but to protest against
motorists in general, and just use cycling and CM as a tool to wind
them up. It annoys a lot of real cyclists like myself who want to
cycle on the roads when idiots like you use cycling as a means to
protest.

They are fully wound up
already and just looking for trouble and any excuse to vent their
spleen on anything or anyone in their path, including fellow
motorists

So what about all the daily illegal or bad behaviour of
motorists against cyclists countrywide who have yet to encounter any
CM at all?

It is typical of motorists like you to use cyclists as a feeble excuse
for motorists highly dangerous road rage.

Doug I am not a motorist. I don't own or run any kind of motor
vehicle. Unlike you I have never owned or run any vehicle kind of
motor vehicle. I understand that you currently own a motor vehicle.
Old December 31st 10, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 31/12/2010 20:32, NotMe wrote:
On Dec 31, 7:34 am, wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:53 pm, wrote:

On Dec 29, 7:14 am, wrote:

[...]

That would be an 'illegal, untaxed, uninsured' motor vehicle.

--
Tony Dragon