London pollution warning.

Old March 25th 11, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default London pollution warning.

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old March 25th 11, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

Does winding up the driver's window and switching on the air-con count as
being indoors?

You could always try this (HTH):

http://www.asianoffbeat.com/default.asp?Display=1904

Old March 25th 11, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

oh good, no pitiful mess tonight.

Old March 25th 11, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

ITYF it's not "motorists", but London buses, taxis and goods vehicles
and European power stations and agriculture that are the main problems.

--
Matt B
Old March 25th 11, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Mar 25, 9:55*am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

oh good, no pitiful mess tonight.

Perhaps suffocating is more effective than ramming
Old March 25th 11, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

oh good, no pitiful mess tonight.

Perhaps suffocating is more effective than ramming

they will grizzle whichever happens.

Old March 25th 11, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Mar 25, 10:03*am, Matt B wrote:
On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

ITYF it's not "motorists", but London buses, taxis and goods vehicles
and European power stations and agriculture that are the main problems.

No, road traffic is the main problem in London and cars are 80% of all
road traffic. Also petrol vehicles are mainly responsible for benzene
which is carcinogenic.

Doug.

Old March 25th 11, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Doug wrote:
For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

the air quality monitoring thingy shows all of London as green, so all ok
actually:
http://www.londonair.org.uk/london/asp/default.asp

Old March 25th 11, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

On 25/03/2011 12:16, Doug wrote:
On Mar 25, 10:03 am, Matt wrote:
On 25/03/2011 09:01, Doug wrote:

For several days now there have been moderate pollution warnings but
today, Friday, this has turned to 'High' and people are advised to
stay indoors. So cyclists beware and we can thank the many motorists
on our roads for contributing to that harmful pollution.

ITYF it's not "motorists", but London buses, taxis and goods vehicles
and European power stations and agriculture that are the main problems.

No, road traffic is the main problem in London and cars are 80% of all
road traffic.

They may be 80% of the traffic, but how much of the troublesome
pollution do they cause - 20%, 30%?

Buses and taxis are a big pollution problem in central London and goods
vehicles are a big problem anywhere that industry and shops are present.
And much of the recent pollution blew in from Europe anyway.

--
Matt B
Old March 25th 11, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

At what concentration **** for brains?