potholes in Kent

Old March 20th 11, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default potholes in Kent

after the number of crashes he has had , you would think he would learn, but
no.

incidentally he went over the handlebars (puts on flame proof coat)

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/pot...l/article.html

Old March 21st 11, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 20, 4:37*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
after the number of crashes he has had ,

Cheerless - please read the links you post! That link only reports him
having one crash.
As reliable as ever.
Old March 21st 11, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:08:22 -0700 (PDT), PhilO wrote:

On Mar 20, 4:37*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
after the number of crashes he has had ,

Cheerless - please read the links you post! That link only reports him
having one crash.
As reliable as ever.

****wit:

Please read the links which people post before you comment on them:

"Usually when you hit a pothole the inner tube pops instantly but in this case it took a few yards.
The keen cyclist has suffered three burst tyres in recent years and the metal rims of his wheels
have buckled.
Mr Sheffield said he was often forced to ride through potholes to allow overtaking cars to pass.

Excellent value as ever.

--

The BMA view of helmets:

The BMA (British Medical Association) urges legislation to make the wearing of cycle helmets compulsory for both adults and children.
The evidence from those countries where compulsory cycle helmet use has already been introduced is that such legislation has a beneficial effect on cycle-related deaths and head injuries.
This strongly supports the case for introducing legislation in the UK. Such legislation should result in a reduction in the morbidity and mortality associated with cycling accidents.
Old March 21st 11, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Mar 20, 4:37*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
after the number of crashes he has had , you would think he would learn, but
no.

incidentally he went over the handlebars (puts on flame proof coat)

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/pot.../article-33480...

No, it must be a made up story, because it is impossible for cyclists
to go over the handlebars and land on their heads. All the psycholists
have told us this!
Old March 21st 11, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

wrote:

On Mar 20, 4:37 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
after the number of crashes he has had ,

Cheerless - please read the links you post! That link only reports
him having one crash.
As reliable as ever.

****wit:

Please read the links which people post before you comment on them:

"Usually when you hit a pothole the inner tube pops instantly but in
this case it took a few yards. The keen cyclist has suffered three
burst tyres in recent years and the metal rims of his wheels have
buckled.
Mr Sheffield said he was often forced to ride through potholes to
allow overtaking cars to pass.

Excellent value as ever.

thank you Judith, I don't get to see his (?) posts, but it seems that
whatever I put in mine, he (?) will try to argue with it, sometimes without
the slightest reasonable cause, just a **** I am afraid.

Old March 21st 11, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 21, 1:52*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

thank you Judith, I don't get to see his (?) posts,

But everyone else does, and I'm always happy to point out where you
are wrong.

but it seems that
whatever I put in mine, he (?) will try to argue with it, sometimes without
the slightest reasonable cause, just a **** I am afraid.- Hide quoted text -

Care to provide any examples where I pointed out you were wrong
"without the slightest reasonable cause"?
Here you described getting a flat tyre is having a crash - do you
think they are the same?
Or were you wrong? (again)

(P.S. Medway - bicycles are perfectly viable transport)
Old March 21st 11, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 21, 1:17*pm, Judith wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:08:22 -0700 (PDT), PhilO wrote:
On Mar 20, 4:37 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

****wit:

As sweety as ever, Judith. You really are a charmer.

Please read the links which people post before you comment on them:

I did.

"Usually when you hit a pothole the inner tube pops instantly but in this case it took a few yards.
The keen cyclist has suffered three burst tyres in recent years and the metal rims of his wheels
have buckled.
Mr Sheffield said he was often forced to ride through potholes to allow overtaking cars to pass.

Since when was a flat tyre a crash? Are you claiming they are?

Excellent value as ever.

It seems you are.

Old March 21st 11, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 21/03/2011 16:20, PhilO wrote:
On Mar 21, 1:52 pm, wrote:

thank you Judith, I don't get to see his (?) posts,

But everyone else does, and I'm always happy to point out where you
are wrong.

but it seems that
whatever I put in mine, he (?) will try to argue with it, sometimes without
the slightest reasonable cause, just a **** I am afraid.- Hide quoted text -

Care to provide any examples where I pointed out you were wrong
"without the slightest reasonable cause"?
Here you described getting a flat tyre is having a crash - do you
think they are the same?
Or were you wrong? (again)

(P.S. Medway - bicycles are perfectly viable transport)

Except for punctures when you hit a pothole. Cars cope with them.

Old March 21st 11, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old March 21st 11, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

wrote:

On Mar 20, 4:37Â*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
after the number of crashes he has had ,

Cheerless - please read the links you post! That link only reports him
having one crash.
As reliable as ever.

****wit:

ooo ****wit now! What about further honours such as sheep won't have sex
with you?

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.

Filling potholes Tom Crispin UK 51 June 6th 10 10:13 PM
Potholes Anthony UK 66 March 20th 07 11:53 AM
Potholes UrbanMyth UK 13 January 11th 07 07:05 PM
Never complain about potholes again [email protected] Techniques 18 July 29th 06 12:14 AM
Potholes Martyn Bolt UK 14 May 9th 06 01:47 PM