nowhere actually likes cyclists.

Old March 26th 11, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default nowhere actually likes cyclists.

"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

Old March 26th 11, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 26/03/2011 16:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

What's going on there, for God's sake? Why do people do things like that?
Old March 26th 11, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 16:54:26 -0000, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

Obviously trained at the Simple Simon School.

--
Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.

Old March 26th 11, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote:
"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

Sounds like the abuse was nothing to do with his speed which is probably
what carried him away from it before anything worse could happen. It
seems the only interaction was him being spat and shouted at.

--
Tony
Old March 26th 11, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly polly

wrote:

"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

Obviously trained at the Simple Simon School.

Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.
(Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20 mph limits - and thinks it's
clever)

Where is the above alleged speed limit, do you have any idea?

Old March 26th 11, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 26, 7:55*pm, Squashme wrote:

Still, spitting is a sort of mild hazard. Just think what it would be
like if these village idiots still had to do archery practice, just in
case they were ever needed for feather fodder.- Hide quoted text -

I once had a knob in a hot hatch throw a bottle at me *after* he had
passed by.
I don't think he had a physics qualification :-)
--
Simon Mason
Old March 26th 11, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:09:03 -0000, "Jolly polly" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

Obviously trained at the Simple Simon School.

Stopping distances for bicycles do not appear in the HC ... and so
cannot be of any consequence.
(Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20 mph limits - and thinks it's
clever)

Where is the above alleged speed limit, do you have any idea?

No idea what the speed limit is - and it is not relevant.

I am commenting on the view that he may cycle at whatever speed he likes - with no thought for other
road users - and could not stop safely when required to : " no way I could have stopped"

It seems to be quite a common view of psycholists.

Old March 26th 11, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On 26 Mar 2011 18:09:48 GMT, Tony Raven wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote:
"I was doing 30mph and there was no way I could have stopped even if I'd
wanted to." What happened to riding within your capabilities ? (both
human and machine) If you can't stop in time you are going too fast .

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Cha...wadlincote.htm

Sounds like the abuse was nothing to do with his speed which is probably
what carried him away from it before anything worse could happen. It
seems the only interaction was him being spat and shouted at.

No - it seems like he was going too fast - and could not have stopped if he had wanted to.

Typical psycholist - no consideration for other road users.

--

"Then back to my club on Pall Mall "

Tony Raven - pretentious tosser

Old March 26th 11, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 26/03/2011 20:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 26, 7:55 pm, wrote:

Still, spitting is a sort of mild hazard. Just think what it would be
like if these village idiots still had to do archery practice, just in
case they were ever needed for feather fodder.- Hide quoted text -

I once had a knob in a hot hatch throw a bottle at me *after* he had
passed by.
I don't think he had a physics qualification :-)

How do you know he was a member of the aristocracy?
Old March 27th 11, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Mar 26, 9:27*pm, Judith wrote:

No - it seems like he was going too fast - and could not have stopped if he had wanted to.

Typical *psycholist - no consideration for other road users.

Do you mean the ones that were shouting abuse at him, swearing and
even spitting at him?
Do you think he showed them a lack of consideration by cycling past
them and not stopping?

UDC Likes to Recycle... Chexjc Unicycling 11 June 21st 07 12:17 PM
I hope he likes it. David Martin UK 5 May 22nd 06 01:23 PM
who likes to bc? Butty Unicycling 4 September 19th 05 05:34 AM
someone up there likes me andyparry Unicycling 6 August 24th 05 07:14 PM
P*ul Sm*th likes us? Patrick Herring UK 5 September 3rd 04 09:17 PM