Another impatient driver

Old November 13th 11, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Another impatient driver

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has to
slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old November 13th 11, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has to
slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv
======================================

Same as you. He's doing a time trial.

Old November 13th 11, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:
Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?
Old November 13th 11, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 13, 9:55*am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?

The rule is that it only applies to motor vehicles as you well
know :-)
It has been done to death on this NG for many years.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 13th 11, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
news
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:
Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?
=====================================

Ahhh, that's another rule that doesn't apply to cyclists!

Old November 13th 11, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_7_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On Nov 13, 9:55 am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?

The rule is that it only applies to motor vehicles as you well
know :-)
It has been done to death on this NG for many years.

Is overtaking on zig-zags considered to be good cycling practice?

Old November 13th 11, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:12:40 -0000, "Mr. Benn"
wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

On Nov 13, 9:55 am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?

The rule is that it only applies to motor vehicles as you well
know :-)
It has been done to death on this NG for many years.

Is overtaking on zig-zags considered to be good cycling practice?

If done safely, yes. The head of a traffic queue is the safest place
to be in a traffic queue.
Old November 13th 11, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Lea[_3_]

On Nov 13, 9:55 am, Tony wrote:
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?

The rule is that it only applies to motor vehicles as you well
know :-)
It has been done to death on this NG for many years.

Is overtaking on zig-zags considered to be good cycling practice?

If done safely, yes. The head of a traffic queue is the safest place
to be in a traffic queue.

I do wonder about this, surely if you are at the head of the queue then
you have more vehicles behind trying to get past you when the lights go
green than if you were to wait in the queue? Not to mention the
additional risk of getting to the front in the first place.
Old November 13th 11, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
"Simon Mason" *wrote in message

On Nov 13, 9:55 am, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:

Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?

The rule is that it only applies to motor vehicles as you well
know :-)
It has been done to death on this NG for many years.

Is overtaking on zig-zags considered to be good cycling practice?

If done safely, yes. The head of a traffic queue is the safest place
to be in a traffic queue.- Hide quoted text -

In that case, the boy racer had to turn left as straight ahead was
buses/cycles only.
So passing him on the outside avoided a potential left hook.

I did the same thing later on.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/satjam.wmv

--
Simon Mason
Old November 13th 11, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 13/11/2011 09:59, Mr. Benn wrote:
"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
news
On 13/11/2011 08:54, Simon Mason wrote:
Boy racer hurtles away from the lights, nearly hits a little old lady
crossing the road, then floors it to get the "lost" time back, then has
to slam on the anchors at a zebra where I pass him anyway.

What is that all about?

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/impatient.wmv

Remind me, what's the rule about overtaking on the zig zags of a crossing?

Ahhh, that's another rule that doesn't apply to cyclists!

Yes, perhaps it is time for a level playing field.