Cyclists causing greenhouse effect

Old May 16th 15, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tarcap

Default Cyclists causing greenhouse effect

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

colwyn considered Sat, 16 May 2015
14:40:07 +0100 the perfect time to write:

On 16/05/2015 14:15, Tarcap wrote:

"colwyn" wrote in message ...

On 16/05/2015 13:10, Tarcap wrote:

"colwyn" wrote in message ...

On 16/05/2015 11:58, JNugent wrote:
On 16/05/2015 11:09, colwyn wrote:

YOU SAID:
It certainly doesn't apply to 'any urban area'. I'll wager £1,000
that
a bicycle would lose on either of two urban area journeys of my
choice.

I replied:
I would wager a bicycle to win on ANY route of MY choice!

I then showed an example of a clip to illustrate my point.
I could have chosen: Cycle path runs (part of which are in that video)
Bus Routes ( where push-bikes are permitted ) Short cuts on shared
path.
or legal filtering at busy times.

My point still stands and my "toy" would still get to MY destination
first!

I was left wondering, why anybody would want to challenge you (or
me) on
a skewed wager?

Excellent point.

The celebrated "Top Gear" commuter competitions were exactly that:
rigged.

Real commuter journeys don't start in inner-city locations and end at
other locations within the same inner-city. Or at least, the vast
majority don't.

Inner-city - I would venture, door to door, a bicycle would beat a car
on most up to 2-3 mile run. By the time you got your motor out of the
garage/ car park/ parking space next road and found parking space at
your destination I would be ready at work (for example)

Don't forget to factor in the showering/ changing time at the end of the
journey, though.
Or are you quite happy to share your Eau de polecat with your
co-workers?

What? Building site/ Garbage disposal/ Water treatment / Chimney sweep/
Sewerage plant/ I am sure you find many more by typing " smelly jobs"
into Google.

But that is all part of that particular job. Sitting in an office (or
similar environment) next to someone smelling like a wildebeest is
definitely not.

It was you who generalised - anyone suffering body odour has a problem,
not necessarily a bicycle.

But seriously, I don't think short distances on a bike at a reasonable
speed would cause any more smelly perspiration than sitting in a queue
of stalled traffic clutching a sweaty steering wheel.

I've heard that bull**** before on this NG. I didn't believe it then,
and I certainly don't now.
It could be that you don't smell your own stink, in the same way that a
skunk doesn't find his own smell offensive, perhaps?

Just open your eyes and do some research!

As a guess I think cyclists are much better at personal hygiene.

Do you have a cite for that, or did you just make it up?

I said "AS A GUESS" It's uncomfortable sitting in wet/damp clothes

Not only that, but most regular cyclists would soon learn that poor
personal cleanliness combined with exercise equals skin problems.

Of course, the sedentary people in their cars think they can get away
with staying dirty, and don't believe they stink as a result.
They just turn up the air conditioning.

And stay cool and fresh, with pollutants and grime trapped in their pollen
filters,as opposed to cyclists who arrive smelly, sweaty and grimy.

By the way sweat does NOT smell!

As I thought, you are oblivious to your own stench.
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-od...roduction.aspx

SWEAT DOES NOT SMELL - Just look it up , don't think!
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Body-od...roduction.aspx

Now what on earth leads you to believe that the failed AI (artificial
ignorance, in this case) program you are responding to has any
capability for thought?

Does that little paragraph actually mean anything, or have you just strung
together some random words in the vain hope of appearing intelligent?
Here's a tip - it didn't work. Hope this helps.

(Researchers found barely half of British adults always wash their hands
with soap after visiting the toilet. And a quarter of workers claim to
be too rushed to wash and dry their hands properly after nipping to the
loo.

A morning shower is regularly skipped by 58 per cent of men, with a
quarter admitting they would rather have the extra time in bed. One in
three said they simply couldn’t be bothered.)

And quite a few compound the issue by pedalling to work on a bike,

without even showering then!
If there are only 2% of people cycling the other 56% regularly skipping
on Hygiene could either be you or the next person you shake hands with.

Old May 16th 15, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tarcap

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

Bod considered Sat, 16 May 2015 17:14:16 +0100
the perfect time to write:

YOU SAID:
[...]

stalled traffic clutching a sweaty steering wheel. As a guess I think
cyclists are much better at personal hygiene.

By the way sweat does NOT
smell!

That is one of the stupidest things I have read for a very long time.

Really? He is technically correct. Sweat on its own does not smell.
It's the
bacteria.

So the only people who's sweat smells are the dirty ones.
Strangely, it's the non-cyclists who seem to be so convinced that
sweat smells, so I think we have all the evidence needed to reach a
conclusion.

That's my point entirely. Cyclists *think* they don't stink, and are so
obstinate they won't listen when others are trying to help by pointing out
that they are very wrong. As in this case, again.

Old May 16th 15, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 16/05/2015 20:45, Phil W Lee wrote:

Not only that, but most regular cyclists would soon learn that poor
personal cleanliness combined with exercise equals skin problems.

Then why don't they? Cyclists are smelly, spotty oiks.

Of course, the sedentary people in their cars think they can get away
with staying dirty, and don't believe they stink as a result.
They just turn up the air conditioning.

What leads you to believe that motorists are smelly? Since their faster
form of transport means shorter journey times, they have ample time to
shower - and if they are sedentary they won't break into a sweat..

Now what on earth leads you to believe that the failed AI (artificial
ignorance, in this case) program you are responding to has any
capability for thought?

This is a classic ****** Lee post. It has everything. Made up facts,
ill conceived & unsupportable opinions and finally an ad hominem attack
when he has no rational argument.

Classic!

No sugar in my Latte M'Lud.

Old May 16th 15, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 16/05/2015 20:49, The Idiot Phil W Lee wrote:

So the only people who's sweat smells are the dirty ones.
Strangely, it's the non-cyclists who seem to be so convinced that
sweat smells, so I think we have all the evidence needed to reach a
conclusion.

We have indeed reached a conclusion M'Lud.

It is indeed non cyclists who believe that cyclists smell. Because they
smell.

Old May 16th 15, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tough Guy no. 1265

On Sat, 16 May 2015 11:56:19 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 15/05/2015 12:21, Peter Keller wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:41 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I am intelligent enough to know when I'm right.

Suit yourself.
I have absolutely no desire to be like you.

You and lots of others, I'd say.

The majority of the population are thick. You are welcome to join them.

--
Three guys go to a ski lodge, and there aren't enough rooms, so they have to share a bed. In the middle of the night, the guy on the right wakes up and says, "I had this wild, vivid dream of getting a hand job!" The guy on the left wakes up, and unbelievably, he's had the same dream, too. Then the guy in the middle wakes up and says, "That's funny, I dreamt I was skiing!"
Old May 16th 15, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tough Guy no. 1265

On Fri, 15 May 2015 12:21:08 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:17 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd have
them in our houses.

Bull****.
I only need to find one person who says a saddle is more comfortable then
a chair to prove you are a liar.

You need to find one person who sits on one instead of an armchair in their living room. Even then, you may find the odd freak on a BDSM site. You need to find a handful at least.

Overpopulated. Verging on prison cell. A cyclists, who enjoys fresh
air and countryside, should appreciate this.

So bicycling is great?

Not in cities.

--
Why do men die before their wives? They want to.
Old May 17th 15, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
MrCheerful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-clothing.html
Old May 17th 15, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:17 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd
have them in our houses.

Bull****.
I only need to find one person who says a saddle is more comfortable
then a chair to prove you are a liar.

You need to find one person who sits on one instead of an armchair in
their living room. Even then, you may find the odd freak on a BDSM
site. You need to find a handful at least.

Overpopulated. Verging on prison cell. A cyclists, who enjoys fresh
air and countryside, should appreciate this.

So bicycling is great?

Not in cities.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Old May 17th 15, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tough Guy no. 1265

wrote:

On Fri, 15 May 2015 00:08:17 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

Nobody would say a saddle is more comfortable than a chair, or we'd
have them in our houses.

Bull****.
I only need to find one person who says a saddle is more comfortable
then a chair to prove you are a liar.

You need to find one person who sits on one instead of an armchair in
their living room. Even then, you may find the odd freak on a BDSM
site. You need to find a handful at least.

Overpopulated. Verging on prison cell. A cyclists, who enjoys fresh
air and countryside, should appreciate this.

So bicycling is great?

Not in cities.

You are entitled to your opinion.

A city is an eyesore. There is no fresh air and no scenery. The inside of your car looks better.

--
You can get by on good looks and charm for about fifteen minutes.
After that, you'd better have a big dick or nice tits.