Cyclists causing greenhouse effect

Old May 8th 15, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bod[_5_]

Default Cyclists causing greenhouse effect

On 08/05/2015 17:37, Tarcap wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

On 08/05/2015 11:18, Tarcap wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message ...

that they're seeking. To that end, he said he sees merit in
Democratic legislators' "proposed $25.00 tax on the purchase of
any bicycle $500.00 or more."

Good job mine cost €230.

And the same again for the silly outfit.

my silly outfit cost €6.

No pansy helmet and skintight shorts?

Nope.
TBH I don't think much of what outfit I will wear when I go biking. I
am usually thinking of other things, like getting places conveniently
and economically, and getting some fresh air.
So my outfit might be silly, but it certainly did NOT cost €230.

I wear exactly the same as if I was going for a walk or a run. There's
no need for cycling to be different.

Exactly.
Biking is an ordinary everyday activity.

Yup, the fittest people on the roads today, the sexiest/most handsome
lovely people.
(I may have made one or two things up there).

You forgot the bit about the smelliest, though.
(Which isn't made up)

Maybe the cyclists that wear Lycra do (I wouldn't know), but the most I
wear when riding is shorts and a tee shirt. If were to small, my missus
wouls be the first to inform me.....she never has.

Perhaps your missus is too polite to embarrass you by telling you that
you're too small.
(Notice the correct spelling of "too", by the way.)

Where did I spell "too" wrong?
Old May 8th 15, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Tough Guy no. 1265

On Fri, 08 May 2015 10:17:59 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:

On Thu, 07 May 2015 17:29:10 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 07/05/2015 09:50, Peter Keller wrote:
On Wed, 06 May 2015 15:24:06 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

On Wed, 06 May 2015 09:54:53 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On Tue, 05 May 2015 12:44:14 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

On Tue, 05 May 2015 10:20:49 +0100, Peter Keller

wrote:

On Mon, 04 May 2015 15:22:13 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

On Mon, 04 May 2015 10:11:31 +0100, Peter Keller

wrote:

On Sun, 03 May 2015 21:38:29 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 03/05/2015 21:00, Mick wrote:
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news "Orcutt replied, "Since CO2 is deemed a greenhouse gas and a
pollutant,
bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride." He noted
that cyclists'
heart rate and respiration go up significantly."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/.../05/173523998/
cyclists-
do-
no-emit-more-carbon-than-cars-state-legislator-admits

get a job you psychotic little failure get a woman you
psychotic little failure

I think you annoyed the ickle cyclist Mr Tough Guy.
Please remember that cyclists are sensitive little souls.

I liked this idea though;

"But while Orcutt apologized, he also reiterated his view that
cyclists should help pay for the infrastructure — bike paths,
etc.
—
that they're seeking. To that end, he said he sees merit in
Democratic legislators' "proposed $25.00 tax on the purchase of
any bicycle $500.00 or more."

Good job mine cost €230.

And the same again for the silly outfit.

my silly outfit cost €6.

No pansy helmet and skintight shorts?

Nope.
TBH I don't think much of what outfit I will wear when I go biking..
I am usually thinking of other things, like getting places
conveniently and economically, and getting some fresh air.
So my outfit might be silly, but it certainly did NOT cost €230.

I wear exactly the same as if I was going for a walk or a run.
There's no need for cycling to be different.

Exactly.
Biking is an ordinary everyday activity.

For less than 2% of journeys.

Which is not zero.
It is not illegal to use a delightful economical convenient viable means
of transport, despite it being used for less than 2% of journeys.

I find it pointless as a means of transport if you have access to a car. It's handy to go pick up a car from a garage, or if you can't afford a car, otherwise it's a leisure thing.

--
Crazy Laws in towns of the state of Illinois:
The English language is not to be spoken.
You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile.
You may be convicted of a Class 4 felony offense, punishable by up to three years in state prison, for the crime of "eavesdropping" on your own conversation. -720 ILCS 5/14-2.
Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.
It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe's neck.
It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.
One may not pee in his neighbor's mouth.
Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays.
Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees.
A man with a moustache may not kiss a woman.
It is illegal to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
It is unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire.
It is illegal to expectorate from any second-story window.
It is against the law to use a slingshot unless your are a law enforcement officer.
A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow. Hens that wish to cackle must step two hundred feet back from any residence.
Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kriland's streets.
Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited.
There is a ban on unnecessary repetitive driving on 23rd Avenue.
It is against the law to make faces at dogs.
Old May 8th 15, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
MrCheerful

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

Where you suggested that your wife thinks you are 'to(o) small'
Old May 8th 15, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bod[_5_]

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

Surely it's time for your altzheimers tablets.
Old May 8th 15, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
MrCheerful

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

You were the one that posted it
Old May 8th 15, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bod[_5_]

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

I'm a frayed knot. Get your eyes tested.
Old May 8th 15, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
MrCheerful

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

I took it that you wrote the above? If not then the too small comment
was directed at whoever wrote it.
Old May 8th 15, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bod[_5_]

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

The first post had several missing letters, the very next post I sent,
was corrected. You obviously hadn't seen that one.
First post was 11.32, the redacted one was sent at 11.49.
Check em.
Old May 8th 15, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
MrCheerful

"Bod" wrote in message ...

[...]

Yes, I noticed that you sent another with smell correctly spelt, however
your earlier post still showed and someone just had to comment, can't
say I blame them. I did expect someone to say that your wife had told
them that you 'were too small'