Lance going un-Postal

Old November 4th 04, 11:04 PM
Blair P. Houghton

Default Lance going un-Postal

Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

--Blair
"That is all."
Old November 4th 04, 11:33 PM
Fred Hall

"Blair P. Houghton" wrote in message
Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

....And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth Tour de
France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the Lance
Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

Old November 5th 04, 12:15 AM
Diablo Scott

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

--Blair
"That is all."

OMG! The entire postal TEAM has defected to the Discovery Channel!
Will Johan go with them?
--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/
Old November 5th 04, 12:20 AM
the black rose

Fred Hall wrote:
"Blair P. Houghton" wrote in message

Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

...And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth Tour de
France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the Lance
Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

Actually, it was US Postal that elected not to renew the
team contract when it expires. The team looked for a new
major sponsor and Discovery Channel made the offer they
accepted.

OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

-km

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old November 5th 04, 12:23 AM
Fred Hall

"the black rose" wrote in message
Fred Hall wrote:
"Blair P. Houghton" wrote in message

Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

...And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth

Tour de
France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the

Lance
Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

Actually, it was US Postal that elected not to renew the
team contract when it expires. The team looked for a new
major sponsor and Discovery Channel made the offer they
accepted.

OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

I have to agree with you about that jersey that was shown...FUGLY...they
really need a better design and colors...aside from that they were pretty
good :-)

Old November 5th 04, 04:25 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"the black rose" wrote in message ...

OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

Us pros don't really care about team gear, we just wear
what they give us.

Old November 5th 04, 08:57 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Blair P. Houghton wrote:
Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second term as
President.

Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

Old November 5th 04, 09:38 PM
Blair P. Houghton

the black rose wrote:
Fred Hall wrote:
"Blair P. Houghton" wrote in message

Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

...And in other late-breaking news Lance Armstrong has won his sixth Tour de
France! Sorry Blair, but that's not news...it was announced on the Lance
Chronicles before this year's TdF even started.

Swot I get for getting off my bike in 1992. I hear
Indurain won't ride this year's TdF, either.

Actually, it was US Postal that elected not to renew the
team contract when it expires.

Ah. I'd kinda considered that possibility when I saw
several people moving, but the changes weren't as drastic
as, say, the mass defection from Brioches La Boulangere
to whatever it is they obviously renamed the team to.

The team looked for a new
major sponsor and Discovery Channel made the offer they
accepted.

OOGLY team jersey, at least the preliminary one. Bleah.

The Postal ones weren't all that pretty, neither.

I bought the '04 Brioches La Boulangere jersey instead, and
I kinda wish I had it in a hawaiian-shirt style as well,
because it's probably the nicest looking jersey I've seen
maybe ever.

--Blair
"Now it's just a place to buy stamps,
if you're into that sort of thing..."
Old November 5th 04, 09:39 PM
Blair P. Houghton

B i l l S o r n s o n wrote:
Blair P. Houghton wrote:
Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

In other breaking news, Lyndon Johnson won't be seeking a second term as
President.

Bill "stick to being wrong about FL '00 Blair" S.

Suck my presta, fallacy-boy.

--Blair
"It's news to you."
Old November 6th 04, 01:45 AM
Rick Warner

Diablo Scott wrote in message news:1099610108.AWqpb4IZsDPc7vI59I59Jw@teranews. ..
Blair P. Houghton wrote:
Cyclingnews is reporting that Lance Armstrong will ride
for the Discovery Channel next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=...sfers04/riders

--Blair
"That is all."

OMG! The entire postal TEAM has defected to the Discovery Channel!
Will Johan go with them?

Guess he kind of missed the press conference last June, and did not
see or understand the significance of the big 'Discovery' on the chest
of this year's USPS jersey's.

Wonder what all the folks who ride USPS team kits will do? Sell them
on EBay?

- rick