How much does Paint weigh?

Old May 31st 04, 04:58 PM
Dan Daniel

Default How much does Paint weigh?

On Mon, 31 May 2004 15:14:01 GMT, Werehatrack
wrote:

On 31 May 2004 13:00:03 GMT, (Bike Camano) may have
said:

I have two nearly identical forks. The difference is color. One is a metalic
silver and weighs more (nearly 100g). Could it be that the paint is the
difference or they were welded differently or ? Thanks!

I doubt that you could put 10g of paint on a fork without having it
get mucked up with sags, runs, etc.

Actually you can put 10-20 grams on without any problems, going slow
and with a urethane clearcoat. Been there, done that. But you are
right in that it takes an effort and time to weight down a fork.

Clearly, they are only "nearly identical* in *appearance*; there must
be differences in materials, material thicknesses, or both.

Yep.
Old May 31st 04, 06:40 PM
Werehatrack

On Mon, 31 May 2004 17:38:46 +0200, "trg"
may have said:

Werehatrack wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2004 08:48:13 -0700, Jay Hill may
have said:

Pistof wrote:
How much does Paint weigh?

What weighs mo a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

non sequitur

Orange.

Orange paint weighs less than blue paint since the photons it emits are more
energetic.

Only if they're Irish.

Chorizo.

Not in a Greek salad!

Old May 31st 04, 07:01 PM
Pistof

"Jay Hill" wrote in message
. ..
Pistof wrote:
How much does Paint weigh?

What weighs mo a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

non sequitur

Oh, sorry...

Say, what weighs mo a ton of paint or a ton of grief?

Dave

Old June 1st 04, 01:36 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
I have two nearly identical forks. The difference is color. One is a metalic
silver and weighs more (nearly 100g).

Dunno about 100g, but apparently different color paints do have different
weights. I'm not sure whether the weight per volume is different or it just
takes a thicker coat/more coats of some colors that others.

What I base these assumptions on is that I had a surf ski that came in a couple
pounds heavier than what I expected. The buider's explaination was color. He
said yellow was one of the heavier colors. Can't remember what he said the
lighter-weight colors were.
--
PeteCresswell