Psylo spring rate compare to Marz Z1 spring rate

Old March 16th 04, 03:56 AM
Scott

Default Psylo spring rate compare to Marz Z1 spring rate

I have the extra firm u-turn spring for the Psylo. What spring rate for
Marz Z1 will equal or exceed the extra firm Psylo spring?

Also, if I put a little oil in the non u-turn side of the fork will it help
to stiffen it up more?

Old March 16th 04, 07:07 PM
Scott

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
In article .net,
You can't compare since RS uses one spring and lets the other fork leg
flop around in the wind. And no, a little oil won't do anything to
increase the preload.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

Well I had some 10 weight fork oil around so last night I put two capfuls I
would guess 11mm or so. Now the forks do seem a little stiffer.

Could this be my imagination? Have I lost travel?

Common sense tells me that the left leg now has less space for air because
it has more oil. So... even though it isn't an air fork the left lag is
still air tight.

True... untrue?

Thoughts please.

Old March 17th 04, 12:14 AM
ZeeExSixAre

Thoughts please.

Although I don't understand myself, I have heard that adding oil does in
fact make the fork stiffer. I believe it has something to do with the
compression rod being more fully immersed in oil, but I am likely wrong.

I don't believe you've lost any travel, and air in a coil fork shouldn't
make any differences in anything.

Try rec.bicycles.tech, too.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old March 17th 04, 01:26 AM
S o r n i

ZeeExSixAre wrote:

Although I don't understand myself

Join the crowd.

Bill "didn't get in a ride today...grrrr!" S.