Flood of junk posts

Old April 23rd 05, 01:03 AM
Leo Lichtman

Default Flood of junk posts

Why is this happening all of a sudden? Can anything be done about it?

Old April 23rd 05, 11:36 AM
catzz66

Leo Lichtman wrote:
Why is this happening all of a sudden? Can anything be done about it?

One thing that would probably help would be for the same people to stop
responding to them. The same goes for trolls. Don't feed the trolls.

Also, most software has filtering capabilities. It takes a little
maintenance, but it is possible to filter by topic, sender, etc. It is
a moving target, of course.
Old April 23rd 05, 04:06 PM
Bill

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
Why is this happening all of a sudden? Can anything be done about it?

Interesting, I usually use worldnet's news server. I also have access to
news through Giganews via Adelphia. After reading Scott's reply I looked at
the cycling groups postings on Giganews and none of the spam we are seeing
on the worldnet servers is getting through to Giganews' servers.
Bill

Old April 23rd 05, 07:01 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:06:30 -0400, "Bill"
wrote in message :

I usually use worldnet's news server. I also have access to
news through Giganews via Adelphia. After reading Scott's reply I looked at
the cycling groups postings on Giganews and none of the spam we are seeing
on the worldnet servers is getting through to Giganews' servers.

I use news.individual.net and rarely see the original posts even when
I'm "online" and getting new headers every couple of minutes; their
cancelbots are real quick. Usually all I see is the replies. Which
is fine for a bit of fun as long as some clueless twunt doesn't leave
the entire spam in as quoted text to post a one-word top-posted reply.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old April 24th 05, 12:00 AM
Pat

Usually all I see is the replies. Which
: is fine for a bit of fun as long as some clueless twunt doesn't leave
: the entire spam in as quoted text to post a one-word top-posted reply.
:
: Guy

Oh, but they will. They always do.

Pat in TX

Old April 24th 05, 12:09 AM
di

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
Why is this happening all of a sudden? Can anything be done about it?

How does it go? "One Person's Junk is Another's Treasure" or something
like that.