Nasty Women @ the Gym

Old March 28th 06, 03:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Nasty Women @ the Gym

Joe Blow Wrote:
I have noticed a trend of women at the gym using the equipment, such as
the exercise bike, sitting on it, and not wiping the equipment when
they get off!

The other day some woman in some of those black spandex flare pants
got
done with one workout, jumped on the bike, didn't put any towels
between her nasty sweaty buttocks and the seat, and then used the bike
for a good 20 minutes. When she got up, I could see her butt-sweat all
over the seat and all over her butt. Then some poor guy came by later
and sat on it unknowingly, getting her butt-sweat all over his own
butt. That's disgusting!

The other time some woman was wearing some spandex tights and just got
done running on the treadmill for a long time. She sits on the bike
and
bikes for a good 30 minutes. When she gets up, she tries to cover the
butt-sweat on the seat real quick with the towel since I was nearby,
then non-chalantly just wipes it real quick with her already sweaty
towel. That's nice but there was disinfectant spray and wetwipes on
the
shelf nearby. Quickly placing your sweaty towel on the sweaty seat
does
nothing.

I think the spandex has something to do with it adding the sweat...
think about it, the formfitting tightness of it leaves little room
between their sweaty bodies and the surface of the equipment they're
sitting on. Had it been baggy/loose fit clothing, it might reduce it
quite a bit.

There seems to be a double-standard in the gyms when it comes to men &
women using the equipment. Example: A while ago I saw a man get done
with an exercise machine, then he wiped it down with wipes and
disinfectant spray. Some woman comes by about to get on that machine,
acts grossed out, then wipes it down with wipes and disinfectant
spray.
Then after she's done using it she doesn't even wipe it down! Maybe
she
think's her sweat is better than men's sweat.

Sorry, but until I read some official paper stating that women's
butt-sweat isn't nasty and can't contain germs and bacteria, and is
somehow cleaner than men's sweat -- I will continue to be grossed out
by these women at the gym. I wish I would've said something to that
lady the other day didn't wipe the seat, but I guess I would've
embarrased her and I would've been "rude." And I should've at least
warned that guy before he sat in her sweat.

So why weren't you first to the seat after she dismounted?

--
mitosis

Alpenrose Challenge Mike Murray Racing 0 June 17th 05 10:42 PM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM