Ed Dolan, Jim McNamara & Tom Sherman

Old December 1st 08, 01:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Ed Dolan, Jim McNamara & Tom Sherman

On Nov 29, 3:48*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I can't learn anything from Jim. He is too like me - argumentative and
discursive to a fault.

Discursive implies digressing from subject to subject and this elusive
tactic is practiced not by me but by Doaln. I have often complained
about this very issue ... Dlona's lack of focus and his diversionary
modus operandi.

Unlike me, he does not ever learn when to let go, but
I understand him as well as I understand myself.

Ed wants to let go and even more wants for me to let go when he has
been logically entrapped with nowhere to turn since admission of error
or defeat are not acceptable options for one with so delicate an ego.

Tom is the far more
interesting character for me. I can learn from him because he is
sufficiently different from me.

Jim and I represent the liberal arts. We are essentially generalists. Tom is
a scientist and represents those specialties as well as anyone I have ever
encountered. I make fun of those types but I respect them nonetheless. Our
world could not function without them. I do not like them ever ruling
anything other than their specialties, but that is more than enough.

Jim seems not to have a clue as to what I am doing on these newsgroups
whereas Tom does.

I beg to differ. I know why you are here, but I am not convinced that
you are objective enough to realize and/or admit to yourself why you
are here.

It is a mark of his intelligence that he has figured me
out. But still I would trust Jim more than I ever would Tom. Tom has a
strangeness about him that Jim does not have. As Jim would say, these
newsgroups are just chock full of conundrums.

And .... you are numero uno.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

PS. By the way, unless you use your real name, I will always treat you with
the contempt that you deserve.