Disabled cyclist denied access to Brighton Pier.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 16th 10, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default Disabled cyclist denied access to Brighton Pier.

Imagine my surprise when walking my diminutive folding bike towards
the entrance to the pier I was denied access. Most people are unaware
that disabled cyclists are widely discriminated against, compared to
say manual and motorised wheelchair users, but at least disabled
cyclists are allowed to wheel their bikes in such places as railways
stations and along pavements.

I suffer from a condition that makes walking difficult and painful but
much less so with cycling. Also, walking the bike has similar benefits
to using a walking frame. Still, I did have the consolation of not
parting with my money to the traders on the pier.

Doug.