Anyone know the cyclist who got hit by a car on Wednesday (23 Nov) in Brighton?

Old November 24th 05, 01:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Anyone know the cyclist who got hit by a car on Wednesday (23 Nov) in Brighton?

If anyone here knows of a cyclist who got hit by a car on Wednesday
(23rd Nov) in Brighton, I have the following request to pass on :

Don't suppose via your cycling forum that you have heard anything

about
a cyclist who was hit in Brighton yesterday? Clare at work's grandad
blacked out at the wheel and hit him. Apparently he had a broken leg.
She wants to know he was so she can send him some flowers.

Yes, I've suggested that Clare's grandad hand in his licence ...

Old November 24th 05, 04:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"Bleve" wrote

If anyone here knows of a cyclist who got hit by a car on Wednesday
(23rd Nov) in Brighton, I have the following request to pass on :

Don't suppose via your cycling forum that you have heard anything

about
a cyclist who was hit in Brighton yesterday? Clare at work's grandad
blacked out at the wheel and hit him. Apparently he had a broken leg.
She wants to know he was so she can send him some flowers.

Yes, I've suggested that Clare's grandad hand in his licence ...

Might also suggest that he send something a little more useful than flowers.
Replacement bike comes to mind!

BruceA

Old November 24th 05, 05:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

BruceA wrote:
"Bleve" wrote

If anyone here knows of a cyclist who got hit by a car on Wednesday
(23rd Nov) in Brighton, I have the following request to pass on :

Don't suppose via your cycling forum that you have heard anything

about
a cyclist who was hit in Brighton yesterday? Clare at work's grandad
blacked out at the wheel and hit him. Apparently he had a broken leg.
She wants to know he was so she can send him some flowers.

Yes, I've suggested that Clare's grandad hand in his licence ...

Might also suggest that he send something a little more useful than flowers.
Replacement bike comes to mind!

Read the original post again, please. Carefully You're mixing the
granddaugher up with the granddad.

Old November 24th 05, 05:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 23 Nov 2005 17:56:07 -0800, Bleve wrote:

If anyone here knows of a cyclist who got hit by a car on Wednesday
(23rd Nov) in Brighton, I have the following request to pass on :

Don't suppose via your cycling forum that you have heard anything

about
a cyclist who was hit in Brighton yesterday? Clare at work's grandad
blacked out at the wheel and hit him. Apparently he had a broken leg.
She wants to know he was so she can send him some flowers.

Yes, I've suggested that Clare's grandad hand in his licence ...

Do they not make you hand over your license in such a case anyway?

(quick Google)...

Yes they do. Apparently if a doctor thinks you are medically unfit, he is
required by law to report this to the licensing authority. Whether or not
the doctor actually does in this case may be another matter...

Graeme
Old November 24th 05, 05:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve Wrote:

Read the original post again, please. Carefully You're mixing the
granddaugher up with the granddad.

well, im confused too!
'Clare's grandad blacked out at the wheel?
Who had the broken leg? grandad or the cyclist?
Do flowers come in CarbonFibre???

--
flyingdutch

Old November 24th 05, 06:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch Wrote:
well, im confused too!
'Clare's grandad blacked out at the wheel?
Who had the broken leg? grandad or the cyclist?
Do flowers come in CarbonFibre???

Clare's grandad should have the cyclists details or did he compund the
crime by hit and running?

--
PiledHigher

Old November 24th 05, 06:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Graeme Dods wrote:
[...]

I hope I die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in the back
seat like his passengers.

Marty
Old November 24th 05, 06:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2005-11-24, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

flyingdutch Wrote:
well, im confused too!
'Clare's grandad blacked out at the wheel?
Who had the broken leg? grandad or the cyclist?
Do flowers come in CarbonFibre???

Clare's grandad should have the cyclists details or did he compund the
crime by hit and running?

The guy who hit me doesn't have my details, because I was taken in an
ambulance (and I don't have his, because I wasn't up to asking for his
details before I was taken away). The police do, though. And it will
take a $35 FOI request to get the details of the other party.

--
TimC
Information wants to be beer, or something like that. --unknown
Old November 24th 05, 06:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2005-11-24, TimC wrote:
The guy who hit me doesn't have my details, because I was taken in an
ambulance (and I don't have his, because I wasn't up to asking for his
details before I was taken away). The police do, though. And it will
take a $35 FOI request to get the details of the other party.

Sheesh.

But if things get to that point, it may be worthwhile doing that, so you
can file in small claims. Hopefully it won't. Good luck.

Old November 24th 05, 07:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:32:35 +1100, TimC wrote:

It will take a $35 FOI request to get the details of the other party.

I'm sure we can do mate's rates on having someone use those details though...

--
Dave Hughes |
"Please do not ask us to provide anything illegal, since a report to