Bike Shops Colorado Springs

Old May 8th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Bike Shops Colorado Springs

I know of Colorado Cyclists in the Springs but anyone recommend another
good LBS? Looking to buy new shoes and pedals

Old May 8th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I know of Colorado Cyclists in the Springs but anyone recommend another
good LBS? Looking to buy new shoes and pedals

Have you tried Criterium?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old May 8th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:37:13 GMT, "BP" wrote:

I know of Colorado Cyclists in the Springs but anyone recommend another
good LBS? Looking to buy new shoes and pedals

Is Colorado Cyclist still considered an LBS?

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/retail/

I've had pretty good luck with them ... when MY down-the-road LBS
wants 2.5x what everybody else does for silly low-margin accessories
(not blaming them here, but....)
Old May 8th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Neil Brooks wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:37:13 GMT, "BP" wrote:

I know of Colorado Cyclists in the Springs but anyone recommend another
good LBS? Looking to buy new shoes and pedals

Is Colorado Cyclist still considered an LBS?

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/retail/

I've had pretty good luck with them ... when MY down-the-road LBS
wants 2.5x what everybody else does for silly low-margin accessories
(not blaming them here, but....)

We all have differing experiences, I guess. I had a terrible time with
Colorado Cyclist. They shipped a defective item and then refused to
stand behind it. They are the only company in the industry with whom I
refuse to do business.

Old May 8th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

gds wrote:
Neil Brooks wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:37:13 GMT, "BP" wrote:

I know of Colorado Cyclists in the Springs but anyone recommend
another good LBS? Looking to buy new shoes and pedals

Is Colorado Cyclist still considered an LBS?

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/retail/

I've had pretty good luck with them ... when MY down-the-road LBS
wants 2.5x what everybody else does for silly low-margin accessories
(not blaming them here, but....)

We all have differing experiences, I guess. I had a terrible time with
Colorado Cyclist. They shipped a defective item and then refused to
stand behind it. They are the only company in the industry with whom I
refuse to do business.

Not to mention, of course, that the OP already knows about 'em. (See first
paragraph.)

Old May 8th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 8 May 2006 11:07:05 -0700, "gds" wrote:

Neil Brooks wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:37:13 GMT, "BP" wrote:

I know of Colorado Cyclists in the Springs but anyone recommend another
good LBS? Looking to buy new shoes and pedals

Is Colorado Cyclist still considered an LBS?

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/retail/

I've had pretty good luck with them ... when MY down-the-road LBS
wants 2.5x what everybody else does for silly low-margin accessories
(not blaming them here, but....)

We all have differing experiences, I guess. I had a terrible time with
Colorado Cyclist. They shipped a defective item and then refused to
stand behind it. They are the only company in the industry with whom I
refuse to do business.

No, no, no. I just think you're overlooking an incredibly important
factor: this is retail. Just keep lowering and lowering and lowering
your expectations, and eventually, they'll be met ;-)

Sorry you got jacked over by them. I haven't found many stores where
this hasn't happened, in some fairly egregious way, at least once
Old May 8th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

How close are you to Peter Chisholm and Vecchios:

http://www.vecchios.com/

Old May 8th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 8 May 2006 11:51:08 -0700, "bfd" wrote:

How close are you to Peter Chisholm and Vecchios:

http://www.vecchios.com/

Hour and a half.
Old May 8th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Further, since the OP wants to buy shoes and pedals, unless he already
knows what size he fits and type of pedal he wants, he would be better
off dealing with a LBS. Yes, he might pay more than mail order, which
is not always true, but more importantly, he will get to try on
different shoes and pedals. A good LBS should be able to let him try a
few and "trade-in" if he doesn't like it. All worth the extra $$$ that
he might end up paying!

Old May 9th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Neil Brooks wrote:
[...]

That is an interesting comment. My expereince has been that most of the
larger mail order houses are actually pretty good- as long as they have
what you want in stock. Iuse them a lot for "commodity" items like
tires and tubes.

But for most other things I use a LBS. While these vary in service I've
always been able to find a good one. I wonder about the savings form
discounters when I get loads of "free" service from my LBS where I
bought my last bike. They never charge labor for any work they do. I
know I paid a premium for the bike but I feel that I have made it back
with free labor over the past several months. Of course, a good friend
who does all of his own mechanical work (including the original build)
is a proponent of buying parts a cheap as possible as he will never
take advantage of shop labor. So it optimizes differently for
differeent folks.

But back to CC. They are the only bike industry company I have ever
dealt with (for over 40 years) that did not stand behind a defective
item. They blamed me for causing the defect. Inerestingly I then
shipped the item to the manufacturer who agreed it was defective and
replaced it. So, I came out OK; the manufacturer kept a good long time
customer, and CC will never get another penny of the failry large bike
related expenditures I make each year.