Ed Dolan charges Jim McNamara with being an Asshole

Old May 1st 06, 06:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Ed Dolan charges Jim McNamara with being an Asshole

What follows below is a typical screwed up Jim McNamara post to ARBR. He
does not bottom post as he should nor dose he even include any of the
asshole then let him post an original post and not pretend to be responding
to something which was previously said.

Jim is almost on a par with Ed Gin, the most notorious scum bag this
newsgroup (ARBR) has ever had the misfortune to witness. I am getting fed up
with him the same way I did with Ed Gin. I am giving him one last chance and
then I will prove to him that I can be even a worse asshole than he is.

In any event, here are my answers to him for one last time. My message will
be marked by a single .

Ed,

Well then, this certainly bears repeating, since it addresses rather
nicely everything you've once again brought up...

Usenet newsgroups are the showcase for Ed Dolan's unharnessed, unruly
ego run amok. Usenet newsgroups have become the repository for Ed
Dolan's regurgitated, monotonous mantra ... his tiresome inane dogma.

All of the above is extreme wordiness and something only a jackass would
write. I am only on two main newsgroups at the moment, ARBR and RBM. It is
ever my delight to tweak all the idiots that infest these cycling
newsgroups, most especially an idiot like Jim McNamara.

To read Ed Dolan's banal, incoherent, fatuous drivel is to take a
journey into the realm of irrationality and peer into the abyss of
lunacy. Ed Dolan is an enigma, disenfranchised from reality, a victim
of an egocentric, self-indulgent persona and a profusion of myopic
perceptions. He is a bizarre, pitiful soul, consumed by warped
fixations and driven by twisted misconceptions. He has conspicuously
demonstrated that he is possessed by an unrestrained and enormously
distended sense of self-importance. He is Usenet newsgroup's
(particularly ARBR's) consummate, undeterred, demented parasite, a
self-appointed and self-anointed apotheosis. Afflicted with delusions
of grandeur, Ed Dolan is a legend in his own mind. He has an opinion
of himself far beyond the opinion that others will ever have of him.
He is the consummate conundrum ... a complex amalgam of absurd
contradiction ... a bigoted, emotionally-challenged, egomaniacal
misanthrope in dire need of a therapist.

Here is Jim McNamara going on about nothing at all. He did the same thing
to Ed Gin, who may or may not have deserved it, but who knows at this
point. Jim is ever proving himself a crazy man without a shred of common
sense. He is in love with his own writing which is not nearly as good as he
imagines it to be. It is nothing but wordiness and then he throws in
long-windedness for good measure. He has never yet learned how to form
sensible paragraphs. He just rambles and rambles.

The gap between Ed and reality is immense and insurmountable. Just
listen to what the man has to say of himself for what he reveals is
very telling. He professes to have attained spiritual fulfillment by
abnegating contact with others, in effect rejecting humanity's
collective communal consciousness and invites, no insistently demands
that the reader follow in his errant footsteps.

The above is utter nonsense and no one, least of all the idiots of ARBR, is
ever going to make any sense of it.

Often, Ed Dolan has avowed his cerebral transcendence over all who
venture into the web of his "personal Usenet newsgroup lair". He
pretentiously extols his fanaticized preeminence, disrespecting all who
blasphemously offer a dissenting opinion. Ed insults the vary target
audience from whom he expects to attain recognition. As if this wasn't
peculiar enough, consider this. There is an inherent human desire to
be recognized by one's peers, but the arrogant, pompous Ed Dolan
asserts that he has no peers. Consequently, the very recognition that
Ed Dolan demands is circumvented by his own arrogance. That he manages
to appropriate time to lavish impassioned verbosity on those whom he
disdains as inferiors defies comprehension and rationality. In utter
contradiction, he perseveres in his insatiable crusade to be heard by
those who seemingly matter not. Is this not just a bit incongruous?

Poor Jim! He has diarrhea of the mouth. It is really quite laughable how he
can think what he has written above is even literate, let alone appropriate
for the members of ARBR.

Jim McNamara is arguing about a phantom, not a real person. That is why he
is so ridiculous. If he only knew how I am laughing at him he would retire
from Usenet and never write another word in his life. I do not know which
is worse, his writing or his thinking. I could easily do the same to him as
he is trying to do to Ed Dolan the Great, but I do not like to play the
dumb games of others. I only play my own dumb games - as long as they
continue to amuse me.

Ed Dolan subscribes to the mistaken notion that the readership savors
his every word whereas in reality the only person who values what the
man says is the man saying it. Ed is a pedant who is enraptured be his
own vacuous gibberish. With no one worthy of his companionship, the
sanctimonious hermit has little more than ARBR from which to derive
meaning in his life.

My Greatness is not for the midgets and dwarfs of ARBR ever to understand.

The Usenet newsgroup (particularly ARBR) has
assumed an exaggerated prominence in his hierarchical order of
relevance. The Usenet newsgroup (particularly ARBR) has emerged as the
source from which he garners his sense of accomplishment and
self-esteem.

ARBR (and RBM too) is nothing but a colossal joke and anyone who takes a
newsgroup seriously is an idiot. Apparently, Jim does take newsgroups
seriously since he is always so g.d. earnest about everything. God, how do
you get to be so clueless!

Regardless of his opinion of the readership, without the
lifeblood of the Usenet newsgroup audience to sustain him, Ed Dolan has
nothing and is nothing. What a pathetic shallow existence. Pity the
cantankerous, misguided, quintessential fool.

I have created a unique persona for Usenet purposes, one that no one else
has ever thought to create. I am not only Great, but Holy. This means I can
attack nullities like you forever from an impregnable position. The only
persona Jim has created on Usenet is that of a whining contemptible
miserable woman.

It must really suck to
be head swollen ... HEAD Dolan. Since, by his own admission, he is the
only one worthy of himself, I have a suggestion. Ed, why don't you
just go F__K yourself!!!

Jim is almost as bad as Ed Gin if truth be told. Tom Sherman and I do not
deserve to have such a small-minded nonentity pecking at our feet. The more
I think about it the more I think that Jim McNamara and Ed Gin truly
deserved one another. They were and are soul mates. However, Tom Sherman
and I are above the kind of crapola that is ever the hallmark of Jim
McNamara.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old May 1st 06, 09:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

I was told by a friend recently to check this group out, as it had a topic
that is of interest to me. At first glance, I see some interesting posts
amoungst this verbal attack by two members. Where is the moderator? Is
there a moderator? There is no need what so ever for this kind of abuse to
take place in a public forum. Please do this via your personal email, not
here. Should this continue, I'll simply find another avenue to pursue my
interest in recumbents, and advise my friends to do the same. If I am
misunderstanding what is going on here, please tell me and I will retract
this post immediately.

Glenn

Old May 1st 06, 10:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Glenn" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

I was told by a friend recently to check this group out, as it had a topic
that is of interest to me. At first glance, I see some interesting posts
amoungst this verbal attack by two members. Where is the moderator? Is
there a moderator? There is no need what so ever for this kind of abuse to
take place in a public forum. Please do this via your personal email, not
here. Should this continue, I'll simply find another avenue to pursue my
interest in recumbents, and advise my friends to do the same. If I am
misunderstanding what is going on here, please tell me and I will retract
this post immediately.

Glenn

Welcome to the world of Usenet. It is just chock full of assholes like Jim
McNamara among many others. If you do not like a bit of controversy and
invective, I would advise you to go to BROL. That forum is moderated and you
will never find my likes there. However, be prepared to be bored out of your
freaking skull.

As to your very humble message, let me correct you on a few very elementary
things. Amoungst should be amongst. What so ever is all one word -
whatsoever. A better word than avenue would have been venue. But I can't
write your freaking messages for you.

By the way, email does not work when you are having to deal with idiots. It
is precisely the public exposure that restrains them. I don't know about
you, but I reserve email strictly for my friends, not for assholes.

Glenn, go find another forum. We do not need you here if your very first
post to this group is all about being insulted. And please, spare us your
indignation. Surely that is for childlike simpletons.

Since you have already ****ed me off, I will not cut you much slack. Be
prepared to do battle if you want to post here. If you stay on-topic, you
will not hear much from me, but the minute you get off-topic, I will be here
for you with a vengeance.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
What follows below is a typical screwed up Jim McNamara post to ARBR. He
does not bottom post as he should nor does he even include any of the
an asshole then let him post an original post and not pretend to be

Old May 1st 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota,

You quoted, "Be prepared to do battle if you want to post here." I just
wanted to discuss recumbent bikes. I am truly shocked by what I have found
here. I will go and find another forum.

Glenn

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:36KdnXuB9ZxpT8jZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Old May 1st 06, 03:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Glenn wrote:
I was told by a friend recently to check this group out, as it had a topic
that is of interest to me. At first glance, I see some interesting posts
amoungst this verbal attack by two members. Where is the moderator?

Use a filter. Filtering out one person will remove 98% of the noise.
Old May 1st 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Glenn wrote:
I was told by a friend recently to check this group out, as it had a
topic that is of interest to me. At first glance, I see some
interesting posts amoungst this verbal attack by two members. Where
is the moderator? Is there a moderator? There is no need what so
ever for this kind of abuse to take place in a public forum. Please
do this via your personal email, not here. Should this continue,
I'll simply find another avenue to pursue my interest in recumbents,
and advise my friends to do the same. If I am misunderstanding what
is going on here, please tell me and I will retract this post
immediately.

If there were a moderator, you'd be banned for one week for top-posting and
not trimming (deleting excess text).

HTH, BS

Old May 1st 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default D'ohBoy charges ED Dolan with talking about himself in the third person

Who the hell do you think you are, Bob Dole? Bob Dole doesn't like
people who imitate Bob Dole.

:-p

D'ohBoy

Old May 1st 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Glenn wrote:
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota,

You quoted, "Be prepared to do battle if you want to post here." I just
wanted to discuss recumbent bikes. I am truly shocked by what I have found
here. I will go and find another forum.

Glenn, I would encourage you to stay. While Ed's war with many on ARBR
often includes postings that extend beyond the topic of recumbents,
there are still many postings that include solid real world experience
with many of the latest bikes in the recumbent market.

Regards,
Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old May 1st 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

On 2006-05-01, Glenn wrote:
I was told by a friend recently to check this group out, as it had a topic
that is of interest to me. At first glance, I see some interesting posts
amoungst this verbal attack by two members. Where is the moderator? Is
there a moderator? There is no need what so ever for this kind of abuse to
take place in a public forum. Please do this via your personal email, not
here. Should this continue, I'll simply find another avenue to pursue my
interest in recumbents, and advise my friends to do the same. If I am
misunderstanding what is going on here, please tell me and I will retract
this post immediately.

Welcome to usenet. If your'e using a real newsreader, you might want to
learn how to use a killfile, which will filter out posts by particular
users and/or subject lines.

Generally, on the internet, you are presumed to be a grown-up. This
means:

1) If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

2) You don't need to listen to anything you don't want to hear.

As such, this is self-moderating. Trust me, I'd rather have my own
killfile than have to rely on the tender mercies of some overworked mod
(as you'd find on PHP-based web forums).

-Luigi

Old May 2nd 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

D'ohBoy wrote:
Who the hell do you think you are, Bob Dole? Bob Dole doesn't like
people who imitate Bob Dole.

No, Bob Dole certainly doesn't like that.

Bob Dole