cold? not!

Old December 6th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
max

Default cold? not!

it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride. I did switch over
to the Nokian studded tires and wear my Sorels though.

Beats driving, even at midnight, in the woods, with a giant snotsickle
attached to my 'stache.

..max

--
The part of betatron @ earthlink . net was played by a garden gnome
Old December 6th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Stephen Harding

Scott in SoCal wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 05:08:35 -0600, max
wrote:

it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride. I did switch over
to the Nokian studded tires and wear my Sorels though.

Beats driving, even at midnight, in the woods, with a giant snotsickle
attached to my 'stache.

I wonder if Brent has been riding to work the last couple of days?

Rode my first really cold weather commute this morning. Think it
was a little below 20. Not too bad.

I should have pedaled in yesterday but wimped out because my ice
bike (Nokians and 20W headlight) isn't set up yet. But it seems
I wouldn't have needed it anyways.

Roads around here (W Mass/USA) are usually clear enough for road
tires a couple days after a storm.

SMH
Old December 6th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
John Hines

wrote:

it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride.

Take the garbage out, this am, in your pj's while coffee is brewing,
and your hair is wet.

See if it still feels as fun.
Old December 6th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, chi.general
landotter

On Dec 6, 5:08 am, max wrote:
it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride. I did switch over
to the Nokian studded tires and wear my Sorels though.

Beats driving, even at midnight, in the woods, with a giant snotsickle
attached to my 'stache.

So much for that cucumber-chili paleta I was gonna eat later.

Old December 6th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

In chi.general max wrote:
: it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride. I did switch over
: to the Nokian studded tires and wear my Sorels though.

: Beats driving, even at midnight, in the woods, with a giant snotsickle
: attached to my 'stache.

I haven't had the bike out this month... now I feel bad... there is still
some ice on the sidestreets, not sure I wanna go pedaling in chitown just
yet this December...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old December 7th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Adam H. Kerman

John Hines wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 05:08:35 -0600, max wrote:

it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride.

Take the garbage out, this am, in your pj's while coffee is brewing,
and your hair is wet.

See if it still feels as fun.

Don't blame the weather. Obviously you need to drink coffee to engage
the brain before doing anything else, including bathing.

Of course you put the garbage out first before bathing. Duh.

The problem with making coffee is that sometimes one needs a minimal
level of brain function to get the proportions correct.
Old December 7th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2007-12-07, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

The problem with making coffee is that sometimes one needs a minimal
level of brain function to get the proportions correct.

That's why man invented pots with timers, so you can set it up the evening
before.

..max has laid a nice guilt trip on me, though; I haven't been on the bike
since before Thanksgiving.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

Old December 7th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Tom Sherman[_2_]

On 2007-12-07, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
The problem with making coffee is that sometimes one needs a minimal
level of brain function to get the proportions correct.

That's why man invented pots with timers, so you can set it up the evening
before.

.max has laid a nice guilt trip on me, though; I haven't been on the bike
since before Thanksgiving.

Has lethargy hit the Fox River Valley?

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter
Old December 7th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Adam H. Kerman

On 2007-12-07, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

The problem with making coffee is that sometimes one needs a minimal
level of brain function to get the proportions correct.

That's why man invented pots with timers, so you can set it up the evening
before.

I suppose. Coffee tends to pick up odors, so I never put it out the
night before.
Old December 7th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
John Hines

On 07 Dec 2007 01:48:39 GMT, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:

John Hines wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 05:08:35 -0600, max wrote:

it's all in the layers. 0 F last night. fun ride.

Take the garbage out, this am, in your pj's while coffee is brewing,
and your hair is wet.

See if it still feels as fun.

Don't blame the weather. Obviously you need to drink coffee to engage
the brain before doing anything else, including bathing.

I don't blame the weather. I don't drink coffee, but rather diet
pepsi.

Of course you put the garbage out first before bathing. Duh.

Or simply stay inside when it's cold outside. Which it is. Cold and
slippery.