Cyclist red light jumping caught on camera!

Old August 11th 10, 07:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

Default Cyclist red light jumping caught on camera!

Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related
Old August 11th 10, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On 11 Aug, 07:15, Derek C wrote:
Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related

\
How remarkable! Of course what it mainly shows is cyclists stopping at
red lights and going though green. I wonder how many cars were
exceeding the speed limits?

Doug.

Old August 11th 10, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Aug 11, 7:27*am, Doug wrote:
On 11 Aug, 07:15, Derek C wrote: Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related

\
How remarkable! Of course what it mainly shows is cyclists stopping at
red lights and going though green. I wonder how many cars were
exceeding the speed limits?

Doug.

At least the bicycle mounted camera man seems to be fairly well
behaved, but many of the others are not.
Old August 11th 10, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:15:44 -0700 (PDT), Derek C
wrote:

Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related

I counted 7 cyclists go all the way through on red lights; a further
15 or more when ahead of the stop line in anticipation of the lights
changing.
Old August 11th 10, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David[_11_]

wrote:

Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related

I counted 7 cyclists go all the way through on red lights; a further
15 or more when ahead of the stop line in anticipation of the lights
changing.

Did they cause any problems?

Old August 11th 10, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:09:47 +0100, "David"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related

I counted 7 cyclists go all the way through on red lights; a further
15 or more when ahead of the stop line in anticipation of the lights
changing.

Did they cause any problems?

Not that I could see, indeed, four (of the seven) went through the
red light at a T-junction where a road was joining from the right, and
so were unlikely to have an effect on other road traffic.

However, that is not the point. Driving with one or more bald tyres,
which I am sure more than seven of the cars in the video were doing,
often causes no problems. It is the rare motor vehicle driver in their
car with three bald tyres who kills four cyclists who does cause a
problem.
Old August 21st 10, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

wrote:

Quite a few examples of red light jumping caught on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKP5_...eature=related

I counted 7 cyclists go all the way through on red lights; a further
15 or more when ahead of the stop line in anticipation of the lights
changing.

Did they cause any problems?

Yes. They broke the law.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

[OT] Yet another motorists caught on camera using a mobile phone. Martin Dann UK 2 March 11th 08 07:45 PM
Red light jumping. Martin Dann UK 57 June 15th 07 06:39 PM
Caught on camera dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 40 February 26th 04 12:14 PM
Speaking of red light jumping...... Peter B UK 33 December 23rd 03 05:06 AM
Red-light jumping Ian Smith UK 16 December 9th 03 12:21 PM