Time to bring back Road Tax

Old May 18th 21, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default Time to bring back Road Tax

A typical modern car with all the 'safety' features weight 2 tonnes. Add in 5 typical motorists at 200kg each and compare it to a typical 10 kg bicycle. Using the 4th power of axle loading rule if cyclists pay 1p in annual 'Road Tax' motorists will need to pay £8.1 Billion each and that is before we take into account motorways and road space.
Old May 20th 21, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 18/05/2021 17:41, Mike Collins wrote:

A typical modern car with all the 'safety' features weight 2 tonnes.
Add in 5 typical motorists at 200kg each and compare it to a typical
10 kg bicycle. Using the 4th power of axle loading rule if cyclists
pay 1p in annual 'Road Tax' motorists will need to pay £8.1 Billion
each and that is before we take into account motorways and road
space.

Well, if you are including the occupants of car, you ought to put
another 65kg on the bicycle.
Old May 22nd 21, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

On Tue, 18 May 2021 17:41:04 +0100, Mike Collins wrote:

A typical modern car with all the 'safety' features weight 2 tonnes. Add in 5 typical motorists at 200kg each and compare it to a typical 10 kg bicycle. Using the 4th power of axle loading rule if cyclists pay 1p in annual 'Road Tax' motorists will need to pay £8.1 Billion each and that is before we take into account motorways and road space.

More like 1 tonne for a normal hatchback. And be more sensible and say the motorists weigh 100kg.

So, one cyclist and one bicycle = 75kg.
5 motorists and one car = 1500kg = 300kg each.

So the motorists are placing 4 times the weight on the road as the cyclist, not 810,000,000,000 times the weight.

And we already have road tax. I don't care what label you put on it, motorists pay to use the road, that is a tax on the road.
Old May 22nd 21, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:47:42 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And we already have road tax. I don't care what label you put on it, motorists pay to use the road, that is a tax on the road.

What do the drivers of low polluting cars, like electric cars pay in VED?
Old May 22nd 21, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_4_]

Default Troll-feeding Senile Asshole Alert!

On Sat, 22 May 2021 10:46:32 -0700 (PDT), , an especially
retarded, troll-feeding senile asshole (and Google groper to boot),
blathered again:

What do the drivers of low polluting cars, like electric cars pay in VED?

Yeah, ask a a filthy idiotic troll a question and see what you will get,
senile idiot: always more troll****! tsk
Old May 22nd 21, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

On Sat, 22 May 2021 18:46:32 +0100, wrote:

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:47:42 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And we already have road tax. I don't care what label you put on it, motorists pay to use the road, that is a tax on the road.

What do the drivers of low polluting cars, like electric cars pay in VED?

Nowt. But that's just a temporary encouragement to lower pollution. Once we all have electric cars, the tax will be re-added (at a much higher rate as there won't be petrol duty), there will be a shortage of electricity so prices of that will skyrocket, there will be a shortage of lithium (which I think they still can't recycle properly) so the batteries will be phenominally expensive. Virtually nobody will be able to afford a car, and your household electricity will also be way too expensive.
Old May 22nd 21, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:05:38 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2021 18:46:32 +0100, wrote:

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:47:42 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

And we already have road tax. I don't care what label you put on it, motorists pay to use the road, that is a tax on the road.

What do the drivers of low polluting cars, like electric cars pay in VED?

Nowt. But that's just a temporary encouragement to lower pollution. Once we all have electric cars, the tax will be re-added (at a much higher rate as there won't be petrol duty), there will be a shortage of electricity so prices of that will skyrocket, there will be a shortage of lithium (which I think they still can't recycle properly) so the batteries will be phenominally expensive. Virtually nobody will be able to afford a car, and your household electricity will also be way too expensive.

Remember the bloke in Hull who has roof solar panels to charge his electric car?
He pays nothing in VED or electricity.
Old May 22nd 21, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peeler[_4_]

On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:38:19 -0700 (PDT), , an especially
retarded, troll-feeding senile asshole (and typical Google groper to boot),
blathered again:

Remember the bloke in Hull who has roof solar panels to charge his electric car?
He pays nothing in VED or electricity.

Remember that he is a troll and you a typical brain dead troll-feeding
senile asshole, Google groper?
Old May 23rd 21, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Commander Kinsey[_2_]

On Sat, 22 May 2021 20:38:19 +0100, wrote:

[...]

Those panels are very expensive, they're the most inefficient way of generating power. It only works out for some due to government grants.

So did the criminal council remove those bollards? I'd have locked up whoever made that decision for theft of his car. They prevented him using it.
Old May 23rd 21, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:49:31 PM UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

No the bollards are still there, but he has a parking bay in his garden now..

https://goo.gl/maps/WKPJQSfvmSQmT5Jw7