CycloComputer

Old March 12th 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default CycloComputer

Are there any Cyclocomputers out there that feature wired speed and
cadence but wireless heart rate monitoring? While the wireless
computers are really cool I hate having to deal with all the batteries.

Thanks,

Javier

Old March 12th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Javier" wrote in message
ups.com...
Are there any Cyclocomputers out there that feature wired speed and
cadence but wireless heart rate monitoring? While the wireless
computers are really cool I hate having to deal with all the batteries.

Thanks,

Javier

The Polar 720/725 series with the power option use wired cadence and speed
sensors. If you don't want the power feature, it would be a rather
expensive way to avoid the problems associated with wireless cadence and
speed sensors.

BobT

Old March 12th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 12 Mar 2006 04:24:37 -0800, "Javier" wrote:

Are there any Cyclocomputers out there that feature wired speed and
cadence but wireless heart rate monitoring? While the wireless
computers are really cool I hate having to deal with all the batteries.

Thanks,

Javier

You have probably considered it, but in my opinion, a better option is
to go with a separate HRM.
I use a Cateye Astrale 8 wired with cadence and I have a Sigma Sport
HRM. Currently you can find good deals on Astrale 8 and lots of
discounted HRMs.

You may find the flexibility of the separate HRM to be a benefit. When
I got mine, it was just for riding, but this winter I used it at the
YMCA in Group Cycling* workouts.

*What the Y calls spin bike workouts. They have LeMond Revmasters, but
only a half dozen have the Pilot computer.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Cyclocomputer $13 Mark T Marketplace 0 November 28th 05 01:20 PM
FA: NEW Cateye Cordless 7 cyclocomputer carnivore Marketplace 0 October 3rd 05 06:10 PM
Cyclocomputer question George Ball Marketplace 9 December 2nd 04 06:33 PM
FS: Polar S720I HRM Cyclocomputer Brand New G. Phillips Marketplace 0 November 18th 04 12:02 AM
Tire circumference for cyclocomputer kak61 Recumbent Biking 12 June 3rd 04 10:57 PM