UK Wind Map

Old January 12th 05, 07:45 AM
Jack Ouzzi

Default UK Wind Map

I stole this from another Newsgroup, but I am sure the original poster
would not mind!!

Excellent for planning that hard days training :-)

This here is quite a fun site for windwatching:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Good data is available for Lincolnshires because of the large number
of RAF airbases around.
Old January 12th 05, 10:32 AM
Succorso

Jack Ouzzi wrote:
I stole this from another Newsgroup, but I am sure the original poster
would not mind!!

Excellent for planning that hard days training :-)

This here is quite a fun site for windwatching:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Good data is available for Lincolnshires because of the large number
of RAF airbases around.

I use that all the time - along with the Meto radar to determine whether
I need waterproofs. Sadly, there have been too many (windy) reasons for
not venturing out recently.

--
Chris
Old January 12th 05, 04:02 PM
Peter B

"Jack Ouzzi" wrote in message
news:1105515905.6f955954dfc855132cf6a2a20a421580@t eranews...
I stole this from another Newsgroup, but I am sure the original poster
would not mind!!

Excellent for planning that hard days training :-)

This here is quite a fun site for windwatching:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Good data is available for Lincolnshires because of the large number
of RAF airbases around.

I use this site all the time for windsurfing, it's invaluable.
(RAF Cottesmore and Wittering roughly straddle Rutland Water, my "home"
base).

Pete

Old January 13th 05, 03:10 AM

Jack Ouzzi wrote:
I stole this from another Newsgroup, but I am sure the original

poster
would not mind!!

Nor the person who posted this here in NOV 01!

"One of my favourite weather pages
is http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ XCWeather uses information from the
UKs airports and airfields, I think. Whatever, it's worth a look."
James

Wind Powered Recumbent Project Leif Steinhour Recumbent Biking 1 December 30th 04 02:02 AM
Wind noise abatement Alfred Ryder General 17 November 26th 04 01:30 AM
wind techniques ?? Ravi General 33 April 25th 04 03:27 AM
The wind.... David Waters UK 5 March 21st 04 02:27 AM
What's the heaviest wind you will ride in? M. Barbee General 34 October 12th 03 11:57 PM