Broken Collarbone

Old June 5th 06, 12:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Broken Collarbone

I am suffering from the above - has any one any practical experience as
to when I can expect to be back on the Windtrainer and then the road.

I understand medical advise should take precedence , interested in real
life situations so my expectations aren't unrealistic.

Jeff
Old June 5th 06, 01:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Red wrote:
I am suffering from the above - has any one any practical experience as
to when I can expect to be back on the Windtrainer and then the road.

depends on the break, and how much pain you can tolerate. If it's a
simple fracture, you can probably ride straight away - TdF 2003 ring a
bell? Tyler Hamilton?

Old June 5th 06, 02:35 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve wrote:
Red wrote:
I am suffering from the above - has any one any practical experience as
to when I can expect to be back on the Windtrainer and then the road.

depends on the break, and how much pain you can tolerate. If it's a
simple fracture, you can probably ride straight away - TdF 2003 ring a
bell? Tyler Hamilton?

I broke mine August last year, broken into 3 distinct pieces, had
surgery and had a pin put in, was back at work two days later. Skiing 1
week later and back on the bike although very carefully 2 weeks later.

Basically the Dr was encouraging me to do anything pretty much straight
after the surgery.

If you aren't pinned the usuall will be 6 weeks in a sling.

Old June 5th 06, 03:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle

I rebroke mine 3 mornings in a week due to waking up and stretching my
arms above my head.

I was meant to have surgery to get rid of a splinter of bone pushing on
my skin but crashed my bike again, rebroke it and the splinter went
somewhere else.

I think I was mountainbiking about 4-5 weeks after.

--
Paulie-AU

Old June 5th 06, 03:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-05, Paulie-AU (aka Bruce)

I rebroke mine 3 mornings in a week due to waking up and stretching my
arms above my head.

I was meant to have surgery to get rid of a splinter of bone pushing on
my skin but crashed my bike again, rebroke it and the splinter went
somewhere else.

I think I was mountainbiking about 4-5 weeks after.

I get the feeling it would be bad to take advice from Paulie. I may
be a crash bandicoot, but at least I've never broken and rebroken a
collarbone.

Damn, did I say that out loud? I better be careful today. Although
the puncture god's sidebusiness is stealth and they try to organise
things to happen when you aren't expecting them.

--
TimC
Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs. --unknown
Old June 5th 06, 04:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-05, Paulie-AU (aka Bruce)

[...]

I wont list the other broken bones from cycling.

Lotte has done some serious bone braking in the name of cycling

--
Paulie-AU

Old June 5th 06, 05:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Paulie-AU wrote:

Lotte has done some serious bone braking in the name of cycling

Who's bones were they?

Old June 5th 06, 05:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve wroteWho's bones were they?

Various non line holding, non signalling, non announcing random
cyclists. Shootie is reserved for "special" occasions.

--
Paulie-AU

Old June 5th 06, 05:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve Wrote:
Who's bones were they?

*blink*

--
LotteBum

Old June 5th 06, 06:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Red Wrote:
I am suffering from the above - has any one any practical experience
as
to when I can expect to be back on the Windtrainer and then the road.
Jeff

hope you heal quick Jeff. Out of curiosity how did you break it ???
Was it an exciting incident, or did you break changing channels with
the remote control ?

--
MikeyOz

broken collarbone question catzz66 General 2 April 27th 06 12:24 PM
Laff at me Steve Racing 10 October 14th 05 03:02 AM
Q: Broken Collarbone Allen Thompson Techniques 13 August 19th 04 04:50 PM
Anyone dealt with a broken fibula? Dora Smith General 20 July 30th 04 01:00 AM
RR: Broken collarbone David L Mountain Biking 23 July 11th 03 05:17 PM