Follow and Hang with that Aero!

Old August 27th 03, 04:43 AM
EZ Biker :-\)

Default Follow and Hang with that Aero!

Naw, they just look COOL!!!!! BUT really, I want to be able to play with the
adjustability via my leg extension. With my previous SWB's I never really
gave it much concern; but the Aero is much different and I'm wanting to get
myself as perfectly fitted with the bike, as a DFer would with their bike,
via with a bike fitting kit.
EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"bill g" wrote in message
Ok, thanks. Are you spec'ing these for their adjustability, or a leg

length
difference?
bill, saving for an Ouzo Pro fork, g

Old August 27th 03, 12:49 PM
bill g

EZ,
Agreed about fit. And the way the bars are on B-bikes makes getting set up a
little more bothersome than other bikes.
Good luck with it.
bill g

--
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like
underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

Old August 28th 03, 01:58 PM
john riley

EZ: _Very_ interesting cranks. From time to time there is discussion
here about crank length. These could help a person answer the
questions for themselves.

I've been going back over old messages (from back in the days when we
talked more about bikes ;-) I know you are on to something else now,
but in the Pursuit vs GRR discussions, you didn't mention seats. It's
conceivable to have a Rotator with a higher seat so the riding
position more closely matches the GRR and avoids some of the concerns
about lowness that you had. But this didn't seem like something you
were interested in. Even though you live in a humid climate, you saw
no significant advantage to the mesh Rotator seat?

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

Old August 29th 03, 06:03 AM
EZ Biker :-\)

johnriley1, I freely admit here, that I believe I made a lot of
misjudge-mental calls on my Rotator Pursuit. The LOW seat selection was one.
I think if I had gone with the med seat, instead of the LOW (Next to the
frame seat) I would have faired much better, I was wanting to achieve a low
racer type of bike, but what acted and felt like my previous Easy Racer type
of bikes.
Admittedly the Rotator I had previously tested, tested, tested, to the
point I had almost worn out the floor model, had the High seat setup and was
the Cro-Molly version not the Ti version. However regardless of which seat
height I had tired and subsequently went with, I was COMFORTABLE and the
bumps and grinds of the roads were absorbed via the mesh seat.
I still believe I should have taken the bike in and had the rear wheel /
frame assembly CAREFULLY checked. I really feel that there had been some
sort of bind in my initial setup, that could have been repaired. I just had
the hardest time getting that bike up to speed; only to see the speed drop
like a brick, when I coasted. And yet on my duel 20 inch Tailwind, that
weighed more and was higher up, I could get that puppy up to 18+ mph in no
time and maintain that speed for many miles. Hence the feeling, that
SOMETHING was amiss (Initial setup not bike defect wise) on my Pursuit.
I really ENJOYED THE Ti Pursuit and wished I had given it more tryout time.
That bike has the potential to (Again) be a LWB-Low Racer kind of bike, with
the person still seated more upright, like an Easy Racers kind of bike.
But alas, I now have a NEW LOVE, in that of my Bacchetta Aero, of which I'll
be collected this weekend! YooooooooHooooooooo!
EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

om...

Old September 16th 03, 01:23 AM
Sticker Jim

"EZ Biker :-)" wrote in message
t...
Sure Bill, G, here is the link. http://www.murraytourdeforce.co.za/ Once
you get to the website, click on "Cranks".
I call it a blade crank, because, well it looks like a blade, to me. Doubt
it will help me go faster; BUT at least it will be COOL Looking!!!!!!!!!
EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (GRR Ti and Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

How much stock do most people put in matching leg length to crank length?
I'm 6' 2" and have 165 cranks on all 3 of my trikes. I find them pretty
comfortable and usually spin in the 70 to 90 rpm range (or try to). If I
understand it correctly, shorter cranks help spin faster, more comfortably,
at the expense of power, while longer cranks help with leverage to put power
to the pedals but at the loss of comfortable high pedal rpms. ? Yes/no? I
can comfortably run at 28 to 30 kph on flat ground with bursts to about
40kph. I don't feel "jammed" in my pedal stroke and my knee pain (doing
everything else BUT cycling) is non-existent. A friend of mine who is
likely around the 5' 6" mark uses 175s and swears by them. According to the
chart, I should be using 180s and while he claims that there is an "optimum"
range of motion he doesn't seem to go into great detail on it that I could
see.

Has anyone here received a noticeable difference in comfort and/or
performance by switching crank lengths?

Old September 16th 03, 03:51 AM
EZ Biker :-\)

Sticker Jim, I can't really help you here. I'm using these adjustable
cranks, but am comfortable just where I set the pedal stems at. Perhaps some
of our fellow MORE Techies can respond to your inquiry.
EZ Biker :-) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Aero & GRR Ti Aero Pilot)

able.rogers.com...