With the change of the season...

Old November 11th 05, 06:10 PM
G.T.

Default With the change of the season...

"mtbguy" wrote in message
news
Bill Sornson wrote:

Corvus Corvax wrote:

...comes the annual alt.mountain-bike flame fest.

Carry on.

This is a stupid thread.

Signed,

Maybe some pictures of the falling leaves on local trails will help.
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn01.jpg
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn02.jpg
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn07.jpg
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn14.jpg

What's the secret password?

Greg

Old November 11th 05, 08:10 PM
mtbguy

G.T. wrote:
"mtbguy" wrote in message
news
Bill Sornson wrote:

Corvus Corvax wrote:

...comes the annual alt.mountain-bike flame fest.

Carry on.

This is a stupid thread.

Signed,

Maybe some pictures of the falling leaves on local trails will help.
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn01.jpg
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn02.jpg
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn07.jpg
http://graphicsink.com:8001/darkmtn/darkmtn14.jpg

What's the secret password?

Greg

Oops, posted them wrong.

http://graphicsink.com/area51/darkmtn/darkmtn01.jpg
http://graphicsink.com/area51/darkmtn/darkmtn02.jpg
http://graphicsink.com/area51/darkmtn/darkmtn07.jpg
http://graphicsink.com/area51/darkmtn/darkmtn14.jpg
Old November 11th 05, 08:21 PM

Season what season. Real men shower after work not
before. And real men ride no matter what season they may think it is. If
you got to have season the you need to go south to the land of retire.

Old November 11th 05, 09:52 PM
Marz

Sorry to gloat, but down here in the tropics we don't get seasons as
such. Around 90f all year.

Hang on, I miss the snow!!!

Old November 12th 05, 03:59 PM

32 degress at night and 50s during day.

Old November 14th 05, 04:09 AM
MattB

small change wrote:
MattB wrote:

wrote:

Season what season. Real men shower after work not
before. And real men ride no matter what season they may think it
is. If you got to have season the you need to go south to the land
of retire.

Not a skier then, eh? I kind of like the rotation of the sports (and
associated equipment) in the transitional seasons.
I'm not ready to "go south to the land of retire" and hope then I
never am!
Matt

how's your winter looking so far? By all appearances, everything is going to
open historically early. Heh, after last year we deserve at least that.

Not so good yet. Of course last year didn't happen until Thanksgiving so
I haven't given up hope. Definitely no early season goodness.

I have a hard time making the transition from riding to skiing. I've
gotten some better winter bike gear this year, so as long as the trails
arent' too mucky or deep in snow, I wil make a real effort to get out.

Here it can really vary. It's often too snowy, but sometimes it isn't.
I'm putting together a heavier duty (than typical xc, but light for
tele) touring setup that would be good for some turns, so I'll be out
one way or another. I also got some good pass deals so the only missing
ingredient is snow.

parenting milesone: buy the 5"11 youngster his last set of skis... ;-)

And I'm shopping for our first!

Penny

Matt
Old November 21st 05, 09:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Corvus Corvax wrote:
...comes the annual alt.mountain-bike flame fest.

Carry on.

CC

You mean like Paris?

You mean like Paris?

/s

/s

I'm particularly proud of my recent one...

FLAME ON mofo's

Old November 21st 05, 09:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Dave Wimp wrote:
Corvus Corvax wrote:
...comes the annual alt.mountain-bike flame fest.

I'm particularly proud of my recent one...

It's kind of like a dog taking a dump and then scratching the ground in
some kind of weird instinctive display.

I'm sure you'll provide many more opportunities to point out your
stupidity, but as some have said here before, it's like shootig fish in
a barrel. See you in six months or so, dummy.

JD