Rust Dilemma

Old December 29th 04, 12:46 AM
bicycle

Default Rust Dilemma

My cable hangars are welded to my steel frame on my Fuji Newest. The
one
near the seat tube (on the top tube) was rusted. I used my dremel to
remove
rust which was on the inside portion of the hangar, as well as at the
junction (weld) of the hangar/top tube. What is the best way to deal
with
minor repaint?

Kerry

Old December 29th 04, 03:32 AM
Donald Gillies

"bicycle" writes:

What is the best way to deal with minor repaint?

This should probably be added to the FAQ :

http://www.yellowjersey.org/paint_repair.html

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old December 29th 04, 05:43 AM
A Muzi

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old December 30th 04, 12:59 AM
Werehatrack

On 28 Dec 2004 15:46:15 -0800, "bicycle" wrote:

My cable hangars are welded to my steel frame on my Fuji Newest. The
one
near the seat tube (on the top tube) was rusted. I used my dremel to
remove
rust which was on the inside portion of the hangar, as well as at the
junction (weld) of the hangar/top tube. What is the best way to deal
with
minor repaint?

If there's not much to touch up, try nail polish, if you can find any
that matches the color reasonably well.

You can also get automotive touch-up paint in a semi-useful range of
colors at auto parts stores. There might be a shade that would be a
fair match for your frame.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.