Campagnolo brake cable sheath & brake receptacle doesn't fit

Old November 2nd 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Artoi

Default Campagnolo brake cable sheath & brake receptacle doesn't fit

Just install a new Campag brake set and found out there's a misfit b/n
the metal end of the brake cable sleeve and the metal socket (just above
the tension adjuster, part #BR-RE409). The metal cap at the end of cable
sleeve is just a tad larger than the slot and would not slide in. And
the cable sleeve is from a Campag brake/derailleur cable set that was
installed only a few weeks ago.

Anyone seen similar? How can two routine Campagnolo components not able
to fit into each other? Any solutions? I am thinking of shaving a thin
layer off the inside of BR-RE409. Would that be the correct way to do
fix it?
Old November 2nd 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

--

Not designed to have a housing end or ferrule. Nothing wrong here,
PLEASE do not stuff one of these into the ERGO lever either. They are

If you are trying to put the attached metal sleeve/ferrule into the
brake, you are using shift housing for the brake.

Old November 2nd 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Artoi

In article .com,
"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:

Artoi wrote:
[...]

Thanks Campag speaker! That was indeed a stupid question. Believe it or
not, I went to bed last night all frustrated by it. And then either
through dream or whatever, I woke up with the thought that, as you said,
maybe I can take that metal cap off and use it without. Bingo!

Gosh, I was abnormal last night....

Brakes on a 24"? innes Unicycling 17 January 19th 07 07:57 AM
FA: Campagnolo C-Record Brake Levers Steven L. Sheffield Marketplace 1 January 16th 05 03:56 PM
FA - TEAM RALEIGH DL185 PROFESSIONAL RACING BIKE CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD MarkSG Racing 0 November 28th 04 03:57 PM
FA - TEAM RALEIGH DL185 PROFESSIONAL RACING BIKE CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD MarkSG Racing 0 November 28th 04 03:57 PM
*Edit Me* - New FAQ addition on brake squeal. ant Techniques 1 July 23rd 03 06:52 AM