A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Terrifying moment overtaking car sideswipes cyclist

Old February 22nd 20, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Terrifying moment overtaking car sideswipes cyclist

QUOTE:
A driver was caught on camera sideswiping a cyclist during an overtake as he tried to avoid causing a head-on collision.

The 51-year-old cyclist, who did not wish to be named, was clipped by the vehicle before the driver sped away

In the video, the cyclist is travelling down a country lane as cars approach him from behind.

One vehicle gives the bike a wide berth and manages to overtake with ease but a second vehicle is quickly on its tail.

This time a silver car can be seen indicating from several feet away before it begins to straddle the central white line. The driver pulls out as he commits to the overtake.

But suddenly he is forced to veer back into the left-hand lane and sideswipes the unsuspecting cyclist.

The cyclist can be heard shouting frantically in the background and it becomes clear that the car was dodging out of the way of an oncoming coach which goes sailing past.

The cyclist said that he has travelled to work by bike every day for 18 years and has been clipped three times.

He shared the clip online a short time after the incident alongside the caption: 'I have no idea how I stayed up on the bike today.

'The most frightening incident I've had to date.

'Nothing less than losing their license (SIC) for this one. Made contact with me at 40+mph.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-coach.html
Ads