New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

Old October 3rd 20, 06:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 2:18:30 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote Frank Krygowski

Frank, you really should stop replying as time after time your

[snip]
... I have read instances where it was
vitally necessary for an individual hunting dangerious game to be able
to empty his gun-in seconds. A lion can run ~74 feet, say 25 yards in
one second.

Not a lion. Unless the lion you're facing and shooting at is old and has been pushed out of the troop, it is only there to fake you out. The lion which will kill by traumatic shock, exsanguination, blood poisoning, or some combination of the three if it doesn't start eating you while you still live, is it's mate, behind you. Lions are pretty cowardly. The animal you want to illustrate your case is the leopard. It's too stupid to be sneaky, it is a loner, and it doesn't hunt in a coordinated group like lions. The leopard is the fastest land-bound animal, and also the fastest-accelerating. In its own habitat you want to kill or incapacitate your leopard with your first shot because you probably won't have time for a second shot.

Andre Jute
Sometime African
Old October 3rd 20, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 10:26:35 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote to Rideablot:
There is a point at which there is no neutral reason for owning serious military hardware.

I draw it beyond tanks but just South of an aircraft carrier. You can have more tanks for the price of a single aircraft carrier. QED. -- Andre Jute

Old October 3rd 20, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/2/2020 9:56 PM, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:23:46 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Now it doesn't matter what you think you know. You simply have no
control over what someone wants to buy unless the reason is to provably
do harm to another human in the immediate future. Your pretending that a
"survivalist" intends to shoot people is far more paranoia than he has.

Lol, it is a major topic of conversation on their lists.
Yet not one of them has a workable plan to survive the forthcoming zombie
apocalypse.

We humans have prior experience. You don't need to outrun
the bear. You just need to outrun the other guy.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 3rd 20, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 7:56:29 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:23:46 -0700, Tom Kunich wrote:

Now it doesn't matter what you think you know. You simply have no
control over what someone wants to buy unless the reason is to provably
do harm to another human in the immediate future. Your pretending that a
"survivalist" intends to shoot people is far more paranoia than he has.

Lol, it is a major topic of conversation on their lists.
Yet not one of them has a workable plan to survive the forthcoming zombie
apocalypse.

Tell us how you know what survivalists talk about you moronic fool. You have police beating up women in front of their children because she isn't isn't wearing a mask on her own property and some son of a bitch like you is talking about American survivalists? You are sick beyond repair. Australia has LONG ago gone over to the dark side and every posting you make proves it.
Old October 3rd 20, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 11:20:49 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 10:26:35 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote to Rideablot:
There is a point at which there is no neutral reason for owning serious military hardware.

I draw it beyond tanks but just South of an aircraft carrier. You can have more tanks for the price of a single aircraft carrier. QED. -- Andre Jute

Private tank ownership didn't work out so well in one of my cases. https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...tate_of_o.html

Apart from that tank case, I've had two cannon death cases -- sadly, one at a Boy Scout camp. I've done a few gun cases because we represented some big manufacturers, but we don't have that line of business anymore -- or no cases have been filed locally. Gun products cases usually involve stupid reloading mistakes, like the wrong powder or goosing the charge. The guns are fine.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old October 3rd 20, 06:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 10:19:08 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

That said, "Hellcat". That is an aircraft and not a tank.

Old October 3rd 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/3/2020 12:19 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

So not all that different from automobiles, motorcycles or
wood chippers in that regard?

Old October 3rd 20, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, 3 October 2020 13:19:08 UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I read quite some time ago that the victim had super loaded the cartridges and was warned that the amount of powder he put in them was very dangerous. Not the powder makers fault that the guy loaded too much powder into the cartridges.

Btw, the Hellcat is technically a tank destroyer not a tank.

Cheers
Old October 3rd 20, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Saturday, 3 October 2020 13:47:21 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
Snipped

That said, "Hellcat". That is an aircraft and not a tank.

Both. F6F is the hellcat airplane and the M-18 is the Hellcat tank destroyer.

Cheers
Old October 3rd 20, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/3/2020 2:39 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/3/2020 12:19 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 11:20:49 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 10:26:35 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote to
Rideablot:
There is a point at which there is no neutral reason for owning
serious military hardware.

I draw it beyond tanks but just South ofÂ* an aircraft carrier. You
can have more tanks for the price of a single aircraft carrier.Â* QED.
-- Andre Jute

Private tank ownership didn't work out so well in one of my cases.
https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...tate_of_o.html

Apart from that tank case, I've had two cannon death cases -- sadly,
one at a Boy Scout camp. I've done a few gun cases because we
represented some big manufacturers, but we don't have that line of
business anymore -- or no cases have been filed locally.Â* Gun products
cases usually involve stupid reloading mistakes, like the wrong powder
or goosing the charge. The guns are fine.

-- Jay Beattie.

So not all that different from automobiles, motorcycles or wood chippers
in that regard?

Very, very different in design intent.

--
- Frank Krygowski