Lance keeps it tactical

Old July 17th 05, 04:31 PM
Bill C

Default Lance keeps it tactical

I was wrong. I really thought that lance was going to drop the hammer
on the last climb. Have to wonder if Hincappie being up the road might
have changed the plan.
Bill C

Old July 17th 05, 04:58 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On 17 Jul 2005 08:31:17 -0700, Bill C wrote:
I was wrong. I really thought that lance was going to drop the hammer
on the last climb. Have to wonder if Hincappie being up the road might
have changed the plan.

No, he would never have caught him. I think he was happy staying with
Basso. Basso looked like he may have been the strongest today. If not,
Armstrong could maybe have set him back 20 seconds with a whole lot of
effort. Not necessary.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old July 17th 05, 05:16 PM
gwhite

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On 17 Jul 2005 08:31:17 -0700, Bill C wrote:
I was wrong. I really thought that lance was going to drop the hammer
on the last climb. Have to wonder if Hincappie being up the road might
have changed the plan.

No, he would never have caught him. I think he was happy staying with
Basso. Basso looked like he may have been the strongest today. If not,
Armstrong could maybe have set him back 20 seconds with a whole lot of
effort. Not necessary.

Exactly. GH and OP too far away for Lance to win. And there were no
other rivals left but Basso, who doesn't match up in the TT. Lance
should win #7 by 5 min over Basso.
Old July 17th 05, 05:44 PM
Bill C

gwhite wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On 17 Jul 2005 08:31:17 -0700, Bill C wrote:
I was wrong. I really thought that lance was going to drop the hammer
on the last climb. Have to wonder if Hincappie being up the road might
have changed the plan.

No, he would never have caught him. I think he was happy staying with
Basso. Basso looked like he may have been the strongest today. If not,
Armstrong could maybe have set him back 20 seconds with a whole lot of
effort. Not necessary.

Exactly. GH and OP too far away for Lance to win. And there were no
other rivals left but Basso, who doesn't match up in the TT. Lance
should win #7 by 5 min over Basso.

I'm not sure now that Jan can pull out 3 minutes from Rasmussen before
Paris either. I can't believe how hard he's hung in there.
Bill C

Old July 17th 05, 07:10 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

gwhite wrote:
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On 17 Jul 2005 08:31:17 -0700, Bill C wrote:
I was wrong. I really thought that lance was going to drop the

hammer
on the last climb. Have to wonder if Hincappie being up the road

might
have changed the plan.

No, he would never have caught him. I think he was happy staying with
Basso. Basso looked like he may have been the strongest today. If not,
Armstrong could maybe have set him back 20 seconds with a whole lot of
effort. Not necessary.

Exactly. GH and OP too far away for Lance to win. And there were no
other rivals left but Basso, who doesn't match up in the TT. Lance
should win #7 by 5 min over Basso.

I'm not sure now that Jan can pull out 3 minutes from Rasmussen before
Paris either. I can't believe how hard he's hung in there.
Bill C

Be interesting to see how 3-6 end up. Ulrich might be able to take back the
2:49 in the last TT alone, assuming his first TT was a bad day. After all,
Rasmussen lost well over 3 minutes to Lance in only 19km in the first TT.
The other placing will be interesting to watch too, assuming the top guys
don't shuffle any more on GC before St. Etienne. Mancebo for example, lost
a bit over a minute and Rasmussen about two to Landis and Leipheimer in the
first TT. In a TT over twice as long, 20 days in.....

Chicken better be flapping his wings between now and then!

Old July 17th 05, 07:37 PM

Bill C wrote:
I'm not sure now that Jan can pull out 3 minutes from Rasmussen before
Paris either. I can't believe how hard he's hung in there.

Jan? Chicken? g

Enjoy the coverage today, Bill? --TP

Old July 17th 05, 11:56 PM
Geraard Spergen

"Bill C" schreef:
Of course nothing could happen too, and they all could just watch each
other and recover for the TT. Strategy is going to be really
interesting to watch play out. I'm betting on it being a defensive day
unless someone looks like they are in real trouble. I think we might
see Vino go in an early break Tuesday though. It's the only thing that
would make sense for him.
Gonna be fun.
Bill C

Very impressive how many times Vino came back from the dead today.

Old July 18th 05, 12:52 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

Bernucci. Weening. Totschnig. Hincapie. More to come. --TP

Beautiful wins? Don´t forget Rasmussen´s big breakaway!