the dangers of fixies

Old July 8th 06, 07:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default the dangers of fixies

http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old July 8th 06, 10:14 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"G.T." wrote in message
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Waking to the sound of laughter

Umm that's put me off my sausage and egg brekkie.

Thanks.

Old July 8th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

G.T. wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Jeff Spicoli as Mr. Vargas pulls the heart out of the cadaver:

"Oooooohhhhh, GNAAARRRLLLY!"

JD

Old July 9th 06, 01:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

G.T. wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Jeff Spicoli as Mr. Vargas pulls the heart out of the cadaver:

"Oooooohhhhh, GNAAARRRLLLY!"

JD

One of my all-time favorite movies!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old July 9th 06, 03:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
pauly

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:33:42 -0700, G.T. wrote
(in article ):

http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Greg

jeeze Greg thanks for the tip- or is that a pointer

Pauly

Old July 9th 06, 07:45 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Dave W

"Zilla" wrote in message
. ..
"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

G.T. wrote:
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Jeff Spicoli as Mr. Vargas pulls the heart out of the cadaver:

"Oooooohhhhh, GNAAARRRLLLY!"

JD

One of my all-time favorite movies!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA
(Remove XSPAM)

"People on Ludes should note drive"

or post on AMB...

Old July 10th 06, 01:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

"G.T." wrote in message
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Greg

That almost happened to Jim. Luckily, he stopped it in time. Considering he
already lost the top of his finger from another accident, he would have
barely been left with an index finger at all...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old July 10th 06, 04:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Carla A-G wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message
http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger

Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

Greg

That almost happened to Jim. Luckily, he stopped it in time. Considering he
already lost the top of his finger from another accident, he would have
barely been left with an index finger at all...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I've done this twice while cleaning my chain with a rag. Left a nice
blood trail from the roof down to my apt. No lost fingers -- mine
looked more like the first example. Freekin' hurt though.
The good news is that, by my "I don't learn anything unless I've f*ed
up the same way twice" rule (see "learning to ride with clipless
pedals"), I should be careful enough from now on not to let the second
example happen.
/s

Old July 10th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Carla A-G wrote:
"G.T." wrote in message
[...]

They should have added a # 4 to that list...

Never attempt to cruise while riding a fixie.

I almost donated all my front teeth to my stem the last time I tried to do
that...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Six Fixies Gags Australia 3 February 3rd 06 12:04 AM
CBC radio -- dangers of cycling John_Kane General 8 July 25th 05 07:00 PM
Patron saint of fixies? sim72 Australia 7 July 15th 05 07:39 AM
Do fixies have problems with breaking crankshafts? Blair P. Houghton Techniques 9 June 21st 05 01:09 AM
Thats it - Fixies are now officially so last week cfsmtb Australia 7 April 11th 05 12:09 AM