FHM UK article...

Old March 12th 04, 05:45 PM
one wheeled stallion

Default FHM UK article...

Has anyone read the April 04 FHM UK? There's an article on the
Bombardier Embrio, but it begins with
"... There's nothing remotely cool about a unicycle. Clowns ride them.
And so do street artists who smell... who mug old ladies... who eat
filthy wild rats for their tea. ... Unicycles are not good"

Can you believe it?! The rest of the article just talks about the
Embrio.

I think everyone should email and defend our sport!!!
I'v just mailed them, saying they should try to get hold of one of the
top uni people like Kris Holm for an interview and find out what can be
done on a unicycle!

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Old March 12th 04, 05:52 PM
unicycleboy

Ok ive wrote my complaint about it. I dont mind people making comments
but thats just wrong.

Trev

--
unicycleboy - Freestyle Expert

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...k/NewSig2.jpg]
ok maybe a bit of a juggler.
www.boateng.unicyclist.com
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old March 12th 04, 10:31 PM
joe

unicycleboy wrote:
*Ok ive wrote my complaint about it. I dont mind people making
comments but thats just wrong.

Trev *

... very wrong

*Writes complaint*

Joe,

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

*www.cool.unicyclist.com*

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Old March 12th 04, 11:11 PM
forget_your_life

message sent,with very un-clown like picture attached.

--
forget_your_life - a.k.a. jagur

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...gsize_003.gif]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/al...nyjumping.gif]
dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old March 12th 04, 11:22 PM
JJuggle

Based on what I know about FHM, someone should send them one of Darren's
girlie t-shirts. That's their level and it will be readily understood
and more than likely give them a more positive view of unicycling.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Bombast Extraordinaire

'6th Annual LBI Unithon - Sat, June 5, 2004'
(http://jjuggle.unicyclist.com/lbiunithon)
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old March 13th 04, 01:40 AM
Robbie

Complaint in the sent-ness mode!

That's shocking, I just asked them to give us a chance to show them it
was cool and told them to interview Kris Holm.

I also sent them the link to Under No Influence, because that's just an
awesome movie so maybe they will see what it's all about.

--
Robbie - Spoons Taste Good

'Link-a-Sauros-Rex' (http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=2049484)
Robbie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5302

Old March 13th 04, 01:53 AM
daino149

Message sent. I pointed them to sykpproductions.com

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

Old March 13th 04, 06:24 PM
tom_edmonds

another email sent.....

--
tom_edmonds - level 10.... I've got 1 skill down

"Trials - limited only by the wallet"
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992

Old March 13th 04, 06:49 PM
evilewan

one wheeled stallion wrote:
*Has anyone read the April 04 FHM UK? There's an article on the
Bombardier Embrio, but it begins with
"... There's nothing remotely cool about a unicycle. Clowns ride
them. And so do street artists who smell... who mug old ladies... who
eat filthy wild rats for their tea. ... Unicycles are not good"

Can you believe it?! The rest of the article just talks about the
Embrio.

I think everyone should email and defend our sport!!!
I'v just mailed them, saying they should try to get hold of one of the
top uni people like Kris Holm for an interview and find out what can
be done on a unicycle! *

i ride a unicycle and i'm a street artist who smells, but i'm vegetarian
and make enough monney from drunken fhm readers that i rareley need to
mug old ladies.

i'm not too keen on the right wing undertones though. thats the kind of
thing that they should be carefull of, not thinking unicycles are cool
is hardly a crime, but associating street perfomers / traveling flok in
general with crime is quite inexcusable.
given that white working class males are the most violent group in our
society (u.k.) its pretty poor form to try and blame hippy travelers for
street crime.
i think there just a bit too much racism inherent in this quote.
directed against romanies in particular.
it betrays a complete lack of human understanding in the author.

i'll never buy FHM again, (like i ever did.)

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Old March 13th 04, 09:07 PM
unicus

one wheeled stallion wrote:
*Has anyone read the April 04 FHM UK? There's an article on the
Bombardier Embrio, but it begins with
"... There's nothing remotely cool about a unicycle. Clowns ride
them. And so do street artists who smell... who mug old ladies... who
eat filthy wild rats for their tea. ... Unicycles are not good"
*

Sounds like the writer has probably had some bad experiences
(childhood?) and this is the jerk writers reaction ... sorry ...
writers knee jerk reaction.
-Originally posted by evilwan-
*i'll never buy FHM again, (like i ever did.)*

Ditto

--
unicus

Every time I try to write my signature the pen slips on the monitor.
unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869

Timing Article Drew Cutter Racing 0 July 20th 04 07:48 PM
New Article on Asian Castings Michael J. Klein Techniques 2 June 6th 04 06:05 AM
Anyone Remember this Article About Lance?? Andy Coggan Racing 3 August 2nd 03 12:13 AM