Bomber fork seals: use Enduro seals?

Old January 5th 04, 09:24 AM
Ryan Cousineau

Default Bomber fork seals: use Enduro seals?

I've got a '97(?) Z.2 Fork (oooh...65mm!) in desperate need of some
seals.

The local bike shops want about US$40 for seals, which causes my
spending hand uncontrollable agony, especially since that's about what
the street value of this fork would be.

This is a 30mm OD fork, so I have found an aftermarket seal kit that
will fit, and is US$20:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html

Two questions:

1) anyone know of a reasonably cheap source for 30mm Marzocchi fork
seals (appears to be a single kit for all 30mm forks)?

2) anyone used Enduro fork seals? Are they any good? Know of a local
(Vancouver) source that has them in stock?

Thanks,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old January 5th 04, 06:54 PM
jack

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
I've got a '97(?) Z.2 Fork (oooh...65mm!) in desperate need of some
seals.

The local bike shops want about US$40 for seals, which causes my
spending hand uncontrollable agony, especially since that's about what
the street value of this fork would be.

This is a 30mm OD fork, so I have found an aftermarket seal kit that
will fit, and is US$20:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html

Two questions:

1) anyone know of a reasonably cheap source for 30mm Marzocchi fork
seals (appears to be a single kit for all 30mm forks)?

2) anyone used Enduro fork seals? Are they any good? Know of a local
(Vancouver) source that has them in stock?

Thanks,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Checkout www.angryasian.com . He swears by the Enduro. He a good source
for forks maintenance and modification.

Old January 7th 04, 06:44 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"jack" wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
I've got a '97(?) Z.2 Fork (oooh...65mm!) in desperate need of some
seals.

The local bike shops want about US$40 for seals, which causes my
spending hand uncontrollable agony, especially since that's about what
the street value of this fork would be.

This is a 30mm OD fork, so I have found an aftermarket seal kit that
will fit, and is US$20:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20.html

Checkout www.angryasian.com . He swears by the Enduro. He a good source
for forks maintenance and modification.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've posted a question to the forums, but
I'll probably end up getting the Enduro seals, then.

My fork thanks you,
Old January 21st 04, 06:51 PM
Chris2fur

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id20....forkseals.com-
/id20.html
Two questions:
1) anyone know of a reasonably cheap source for 30mm Marzocchi fork
seals (appears to be a single kit for all 30mm forks)?
2) anyone used Enduro fork seals? Are they any good? Know of a local
(Vancouver) source that has them in stock?
Thanks,
--
Ryan Cousineau,
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousinehttp://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President,
Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Ryan:

They are more than "any good." They are much better than the OEM kit.
They are unconditionally guaranteed. If you do not find them superior to
stock seals, I'll refund your order, including shipping. The shipped
price, to Canada, is $25 USD. The only thing I do not have control over
is customs fees.

-Chris http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

Old January 22nd 04, 03:10 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Chris2fur wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the offer. I ended up buying them from the Angry Asian, but
next time I need a set, I'll let you know.

In my experience, cross-border shipping of small items is best done by
US Mail. The marginally longer wait is compensated for by the fact that
the mail service does not charge $30 to broker your package over the
border, as UPS does on its standard service.

As a stopgap, people close to the border like me often use drop-services
in the US. I'm fond of one called thelettercarrier.com that allows mail
reception without prior arrangement and accepts UPS.

Old January 22nd 04, 06:52 PM
Chris2fur

Thanks for the offer. I ended up buying them from the Angry Asian, but
next time I need a set, I'll let you know.

In my experience, cross-border shipping of small items is best done by
US Mail. The marginally longer wait is compensated for by the fact that
the mail service does not charge $30 to broker your package over the
border, as UPS does on its standard service.

As a stopgap, people close to the border like me often use drop-services
in the US. I'm fond of one called thelettercarrier.com that allows mail
reception without prior arrangement and accepts UPS.

--
Ryan Cousineau,
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousinehttp://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President,
Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Ryan: Glad you got set up with some. I concur on using the US Postal
Service. I ship via USPS Global Priority, which is pretty fast, reliable
and cheap. I just mentioned the customs, because that's all taken care
of on the other side of the border and I never even see the bill. Do
they charge the recepient a percentage, a flat fee, or what?

-Chris http://www.enduroforkseals.com/

Old January 23rd 04, 07:15 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Chris2fur wrote:
[actually, I wrote half of this, but the attributions are hosed. -RjC.]

[...]

With UPS, it's usually pretty ridiculous: in my experience, c$30 fee for
customs brokerage. That's insane. In my experience, regular mail service
just works. The package arrives when it's supposed to, the postie tries
to deliver it or leaves a card, and the post office where large packages
are left is two blocks from my house and open until 9 or 10 pm most
nights (a pleasant side-effect of Canada Post's decision to privatize
almost all of its mail outlets).

Old January 23rd 04, 04:19 PM
Dave Adnum

Chris2fur wrote:
[...]

i agree.. i once order a couple tires for their good sale price from
performance bike.com and they shipped them via UPS.. at my door.. in
canada.. UPS wanted a whopping charge of $50 extra for customs brokerage
fees .. for 3 tires that i had already paid shipping to them for?? whats up
wiht that... always go via USPS when shipping international goods into
canada.

dave

Old January 23rd 04, 06:51 PM
Chris2fur

wrote:
i agree.. i once order a couple tires for their good sale price from
performance bike.com and they shipped them via UPS.. at my door.. in
canada.. UPS wanted a whopping charge of $50 extra for customs brokerage
fees .. for 3 tires that i had already paid shipping to them for?? whats
up wiht that... always go via USPS when shipping international goods
into canada.
dave

Wow. $50.00? That is unbelieveable. Can you just refuse the order when
that happens, or do have to pay?

-Chris http://www.enduroforkseals.com

Old January 25th 04, 06:46 PM
Dave Adnum

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .
In article , usenet-
says...
wrote:
i agree.. i once order a couple tires for their good sale price from
performance bike.com and they shipped them via UPS.. at my door.. in
canada.. UPS wanted a whopping charge of $50 extra for customs

brokerage
fees .. for 3 tires that i had already paid shipping to them for??

whats
up wiht that... always go via USPS when shipping international goods
into canada.
dave

Wow. $50.00? That is unbelieveable. Can you just refuse the order when
that happens, or do have to pay?

-Chris
http://www.enduroforkseals.com

--

They ususally don't tell you about the 50$ until you get a bill for it
in the mail 3 weeks later. If you have the shipper ship UPS red it's a

exactly Chris... i got the bill for $50 in the mail a while later because it
was a drop shipment.. they left the package tucked inside my garage with no
bill or anything... i was quite surprised because i definitely would have
refused shipment.... i guess thats why they do the drop off!!

anyways i see my point was taken.... no UPS from US to Canada!! use USPS all
the time!!

dave