The New Code Word

Old September 26th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Default The New Code Word

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
See, this is the problem with rbr: I wasn't being that sarcastic, and if
my last sentence seems too much of a modest proposal, well, I wasn't
really joking.

Whoops, sorry about that. Sarcasm seems to be the natural
state for rbr sometimes.

No doubt the LIVEDRUNK lifestyle would help with that.

Bob Schwartz
Old September 26th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 26, 2:25*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Bill C wrote:
On Sep 26, 12:15 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I agree a hundred per cent with this. Maybe we should have programs that
explicitly discourage young athletes from pursuing their dreams.
If their dreams involve dangerous working conditions, poverty,
and massive pressure to take dope, then this is a very rational
approach.

Bob Schwartz

Well that pretty much describes the vast majority in most every sport.
The reality is that there are millions who fail for the few who make
it. I don't see that as a reason not to do something you love.

My point is not that people shouldn't do something
they love. My point is that they shouldn't do
something stupid.

An example is guys like Crit Pro crying like a baby
about getting ripped off at Superweek.

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

You put CP and stupid in the same concept, that's like water and wet.
Bill C
Old September 26th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Off The Back wrote:

Amit Ghosh wrote:

cycling as personal development -good
as a career for all but the chosen few -lousy

Define career. I see nothing wrong with somebody who's past high school
(or college) spending 5-10 years slumming around racing on a national
circuit. A bike-racing gypsy, so to speak. When they finish, they'll
still have decades to do something more normal. The key is they need to
be aware enough to know when it's time to move on.

...and we shouldn't be too judgmental about what it means to "move on".
Lots of ex-racers end up in the bike industry, and there's nothing wrong
with that.

Yeah, a lot of ex-pro's end up in the bike industry punching Prentice
Steffan in the face (Martha Jemison).

...Or they end up coaching New York City cyclists and going caveman on
Adam Myerson's lid (Scott "T2000 Terminator" Mercer).

http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/2...aug4news.shtml
http://www.velonews.com/article/8215...to-altercation

"And that was when he punched me.
It was over before I even knew what happened.
I didnąt know someone could hit someone so fast."

Yeah, many people do not. Be careful out there.

--
Michael Press
Old September 27th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Scott wrote:

Wasn't Kunich an Art History major?

If a discussion relates in some way to art history, then he'll say he was.
Otherwise, no.

--
tanx,
Howard

I'll take the case!

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 28th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Off The Back wrote:

Amit Ghosh wrote:

[...]

The T2000 Mercer Terminator did that with the old software (v 1.2).
With the new algorithms, the model T2000 can punch twice as fast.

Magilla

=========== And Now a Word from the Ads ============== www.katnet.us Unicycling 0 January 18th 08 07:39 PM
The other H word MartinM UK 15 October 24th 06 03:40 PM
H*lf*rds and the 'H' word Bryan UK 35 September 14th 05 10:59 AM
tdf word of the day purphekt General 9 July 16th 04 10:33 PM
The 'H' word Jo Hardman UK 14 December 19th 03 01:43 PM