Alfredo Binda Museum

Old March 29th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Default Alfredo Binda Museum

Kyle Legate wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

Alfredo Binda Museum...
http://www.procyclingwomen.com/Temp-10/

GBMT

Ever hear of oil?

http://www.procyclingwomen.com/Temp-...m-Binda-12.jpg

Magilla

Perhaps it doesn't matter.

Ask any curator in a museum if maintaining the condition of its
exhibitis is an important job and see what they tell you.

They will tell you that if they obtain a relic in a used, corroded state
that, to maintain the authenticity of the exhibit,
it's often preferable to maintain the original state of the relic than
to attempt a restoration. Show me your proof that
the bike shown in that picture was in a better state when it first came
to the museum, or shut the **** up.

Wrong. Museum curators do not like rust because it has nothing to do
with the artifact itself. They would try to restore it by getting rid
of the rust or by trying to obtain a better quality relic.

Rust cannot be stopped once it's started so that bike was definitely in
better condition years ago and will get progressively worse with age.

Bitch.

Magilla
Old March 29th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

On Mar 29, 9:44 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Ask any curator in a museum if maintaining the condition of its
exhibitis is an important job and see what they tell you.

Since the components aren't going to be operated,
oiling is totally unnecessary, and for keeping dust
off you would want everything to be dry and oil free.

Ever hear of oil stopping or retarding oxidation? Bitch.

Magilla
Old March 29th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]

On Mar 29, 2:47*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
On Mar 29, 9:44 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Ask any curator in a museum if maintaining the condition of its
exhibitis is an important job and see what they tell you.

Since the components aren't going to be operated,
oiling is totally unnecessary, and for keeping dust
off you would want everything to be dry and oil free.

Ever hear of oil stopping or retarding oxidation? Bitch.

Magilla

Dumbo

The thing is in a museum, it doesn't need to be oiled.

Capice?
Old March 29th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:

But you could just shut the **** up anyway. You know, just to be nice.
Old March 29th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Fred Fredburger wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Kyle Legate wrote:

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

[...]

I'll drop kick you in Sausalito like a mad cow burger "Fred."

Magilla
Old March 29th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

On Mar 29, 9:44 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Ask any curator in a museum if maintaining the condition of its
exhibitis is an important job and see what they tell you.

Since the components aren't going to be operated,
oiling is totally unnecessary, and for keeping dust
off you would want everything to be dry and oil free.

Ever hear of oil stopping or retarding oxidation? Bitch.

Magilla

Dumbo

The thing is in a museum, it doesn't need to be oiled.

Capice?

You don't think metallic displays in a museum get oiled?

Magilla
Old March 29th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

On Mar 29, 9:44 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

Ask any curator in a museum if maintaining the condition of its
exhibitis is an important job and see what they tell you.

Since the components aren't going to be operated,
oiling is totally unnecessary, and for keeping dust
off you would want everything to be dry and oil free.

Ever hear of oil stopping or retarding oxidation? Bitch.

Magilla

Dumbo

The thing is in a museum, it doesn't need to be oiled.

Capice?

You don't think metallic displays in a museum get oiled?

Magilla- Hide quoted text -

Never!
Old March 30th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_3_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Kyle Legate wrote:

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

[...]

OK, sounds good! I'll look you up next time I'm in Sausilito. The usual
place?
Old March 30th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

Then come back in here and apologize to me after you do that.

Thanks,

Magilla

Why do feel the need to be so confrontational to others you don't know in
here? If was 10 years ago, I would of taken up you offer to meet you in
Sausalito. Do you even have any experience in the ring, of martial arts
skills? I was a 2nd degree black for 12 years, used to run a karate school
with 5 blacks belts. Two of my students fought full contact, and my room
mate fought full contact, and my old best friend teaches Navy Seals in San
Diego, Joe Franco, he is one of the few people in the worlds with these
skills. We used to kick the **** out of each other. I myself have been in a
number of scrapes with knifes, had guns pulled on me several times in
Fresno, and have had my clock cleaned several times, cleaned quite a few
clocks too when push came to shove. I Used to train as a 2nd degree black
taking on 10 guys at time in a free for all, as part of the training, lesser
browns and such, but it wasn't easy. I have had both knees dislocated
several times in matches. After several surgeries, including septoplasty
when a guy from the Marines broke my nose, I don't fight or train much
anymore, and I admit I am older and rusty, but I certainly don't go looking
for trouble anymore like the old days.

Do you even have any training to back up such talk when you ask people to
meet you in Sausalito? I know Joe and his seal buddies would laugh when they
hear the relentless confrontational comments by you in this forum. If you
are a black belt or a professional boxer then I would expect people to fear
you, but are you?

Do you have any professional fighting skills to boast about?

Now that's the Bruce we all remember...

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 30th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
MagillaGorilla wrote:

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message

[Sausalito Starbucks!]

Do you even have any training to back up such talk when you ask people to
meet you in Sausalito? I know Joe and his seal buddies would laugh when
they
hear the relentless confrontational comments by you in this forum. If you
are a black belt or a professional boxer then I would expect people to fear
you, but are you?

Do you have any professional fighting skills to boast about?

GBMT

You tell that guy at the Badda Bing Binda Museum if he dooesn't put some
oil or grease on that bike, I'm gonna kick his ass in Sausalito.

And then I'll club your Navy seal friend on some pack ice.

Magilla

Hey you two: when the dust settles, my house says it would like to have
a go at the winner.

ITALIAN MUSEUM ONLINE datakoll Techniques 0 November 27th 07 12:59 PM
Viva Binda sergio Racing 9 August 5th 07 03:38 PM
Viva Binda sergio Techniques 9 August 5th 07 03:38 PM
[Foto] Trofeo Alfredo Binda Megalon Racing 4 April 18th 06 12:25 PM
Greetings from Unicycle Museum UniBrier Unicycling 3 February 19th 04 09:57 PM