tommy d: about to bust loose

Old October 18th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default tommy d: about to bust loose

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:41:09 -0700 (PDT), Dwayne
wrote:

On Oct 18, 3:05*am, Kyle Legate wrote:
bar wrote:
On Oct 17, 2:48 pm, Ted van de Weteringe
wrote:
bar wrote:
Lombardia podium: *1. The Killer * 2. Rebellin *3. Tommy D.
1. LPR Brakes not invited. 2. Gerolsteiner folded. 3. Ha!

So doesn't this count as a virtual win for TD? *And I'm telling you,
in a few hours he'll be the quawker, not the quawkee ... esp. if his
girlfriend/wife/whatever made the trip over to watch him race ...

I'll be surprised if he finishes. I'm looking forward to his lame
excuses already.

He finished, but DFL of all finishers.

I'd like him a lot more if he wasn't made out to be some future star
in the making.
Old October 18th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Oct 18, 12:41*pm, Dwayne wrote:

He finished, but DFL of all finishers.

Apparently Kevin Hulsmans is better sprinter.
Old October 18th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
bar wrote:
Lombardia podium: 1. The Killer 2. Rebellin 3. Tommy D.
1. LPR Brakes not invited. 2. Gerolsteiner folded. 3. Ha!

So doesn't this count as a virtual win for TD? And I'm telling you,
in a few hours he'll be the quawker, not the quawkee ... esp. if his
girlfriend/wife/whatever made the trip over to watch him race ...

I'll be surprised if he finishes. I'm looking forward to his lame
excuses already.

He finished, but DFL of all finishers.

I'd like him a lot more if he wasn't made out to be some future star
in the making.

He's had these incredible performances on Mt. Evans -- sorry, Bob Cook
Mountain. (Evans was an ass.) People saw TD as another freaky strong
mtn biker who was going to crush all the roadies at their own game.
Then his Vuelta stage confirmed it in a lot of folks minds and
everything after that has been disappointment. But Mt. Bob Cook is
obviously a very different sort of deal. Kind of like Vaughters
crushing Ventoux didn't mean he was on the verge of le Tour podium.
Old October 18th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
I'd like him a lot more if he wasn't made out to be some future star
in the making.

I'm OK with him. He's carried his career beyond his level of
ability but I can't fault him for that.

It's his fans that bug me. The ones that were pushing him as
a future star in the making when he was closing in on 30 years
old and having been a pro for 5-6 years.

He could do well at races like the Tour of the Gila. That's
where he should be riding.

Bob Schwartz
Old October 19th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Oct 18, 12:41*pm, Dwayne wrote:

He finished, but DFL of all finishers.

You are wasting bandwidth. You need to work on your abbreviations.
He was DLBF
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/DLBF

I find no reference for DFLBF

Old October 19th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 18, 2:52 pm, Bob Schwartz
But Mt. Bob Cook is
obviously a very different sort of deal.

If you look through the list of winners there, with the
exception of Vaughters you see people that could do well
at races like the Tour of the Gila.

Well...Longo could probably win the mens' Gila.

It's hard to say what someone like Tylenol or Rassmussen or
Translucent Levi or the like could do on Evan--- Bob Cook Mountain,
because they haven't raced there and probably won't. TDs sick times on
Cook Mtn. are a fair measure of a certain kind of talent but not an
indicator that anything will happen during grand tours.
Old October 19th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Oct 18, 9:20*pm, wrote:

TDs sick times on
Cook Mtn. are a fair measure of a certain kind of talent but not an
indicator that anything will happen during grand tours.

TD's greatest strength lies in TT type efforts, i.e. a single
sustained effort without a changing pace.
He has numerous hill climb records, official and unofficial, - all in
the category described above and all efforts of 2 hours or less
(sometimes a lot less) .

DR
Old October 19th 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

DirtRoadie wrote:
You are wasting bandwidth. You need to work on your abbreviations. He was
DLBF
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/DLBF

I find no reference for DFLBF

Been there, done that but nobody gave me a T-shirt (or a lantern).

Doping Bust Hobbes@spnb&s.com Racing 1 September 26th 07 06:12 AM
Tommy D? [email protected] Racing 23 September 2nd 06 09:26 PM
Xpedia gone bust Pete Biggs UK 4 May 3rd 06 04:14 PM
Where's Tommy D? matabala Racing 0 March 5th 06 05:40 PM
New Book From Tom Volinchak, Tommy Volinchak, Tommy's Tunes, Tommy Tune, Tommy Tuneman Varsik Jabloerski General 0 January 21st 04 06:23 PM