tommy d: about to bust loose

Old October 19th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default tommy d: about to bust loose

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:14:35 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie
wrote:

TD's greatest strength lies in TT type efforts, i.e. a single
sustained effort without a changing pace.
He has numerous hill climb records, official and unofficial,

Unofficial records? Sweet. I'm hoping he'll set some more over this
winter.
Old October 19th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 18, 7:23*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:
On Oct 18, 12:41*pm, Dwayne wrote:

He finished, but DFL of all finishers.

You are wasting bandwidth. You need to work on your abbreviations.
He was DLBF
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/DLBF

"Downlink Beamformer" - it's an odd nickname for a
cyclist, but I guess "Burrito Boy" was getting old.

Ben

Old October 20th 08, 08:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 19, 4:45 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

Or even a high-level pro race on rolling terrain that has corners and
wind and tactics....

Some people may have taken his Vuelta stage win and successive Vuelta
top tens as evidence that TD could win stages and get top tens in
stage races like the Vuelta. I don't know though.
Old October 21st 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

wrote:

Or even a high-level pro race on rolling terrain that has corners and
wind and tactics....

Some people may have taken his Vuelta stage win and successive Vuelta
top tens as evidence that TD could win stages and get top tens in
stage races like the Vuelta. I don't know though.

let's face it: TD isn't even half a hincapie. even big georgie could
pull out a gent-wevelgem every now and then ...

TD should come back to the states for a few years (a la Horner) until
he's ready to go back to europe and carry water.
Old October 21st 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

bar wrote:
TD should come back to the states for a few years (a la Horner) until
he's ready to go back to europe and carry water.

He's a guy that could do well at the Tour of the Gila.

Bob Schwartz

Doping Bust Hobbes@spnb&s.com Racing 1 September 26th 07 06:12 AM
Tommy D? [email protected] Racing 23 September 2nd 06 09:26 PM
Xpedia gone bust Pete Biggs UK 4 May 3rd 06 04:14 PM
Where's Tommy D? matabala Racing 0 March 5th 06 05:40 PM
New Book From Tom Volinchak, Tommy Volinchak, Tommy's Tunes, Tommy Tune, Tommy Tuneman Varsik Jabloerski General 0 January 21st 04 06:23 PM