London tour bus driver ‘mounts pavement in front of cyclists in ongoing row’

Old August 29th 15, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default London tour bus driver ‘mounts pavement in front of cyclists in ongoing row’

Ali Choudhry, 19, and a friend were riding on cycle lanes through the
city when they claim they were tailgated by an open-topped double-decker.
As they approached the Tower of London they were directed onto a shared
pavement by the road markings. But the driver accelerated ahead and
pulled onto the pavement in front of them. He then climbed from his
seat, opened the door and shouted profanities at the pair.

The bus tour operators, Golden Tours, have said the bus driver was
dismissed after they viewed the footage.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...w-9671595.html
Old August 29th 15, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/08/2015 10:34, Bod wrote:
Ali Choudhry, 19, and a friend were riding on cycle lanes through the
city when they claim they were tailgated by an open-topped double-decker.
As they approached the Tower of London they were directed onto a shared
pavement by the road markings. But the driver accelerated ahead and
pulled onto the pavement in front of them. He then climbed from his
seat, opened the door and shouted profanities at the pair.

The bus tour operators, Golden Tours, have said the bus driver was
dismissed after they viewed the footage.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...w-9671595.html

Good.

Driving on the footway is an offence.
Old August 29th 15, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 29/08/2015 12:28, JNugent wrote:
On 29/08/2015 10:34, Bod wrote:
Ali Choudhry, 19, and a friend were riding on cycle lanes through the
city when they claim they were tailgated by an open-topped double-decker.
As they approached the Tower of London they were directed onto a shared
pavement by the road markings. But the driver accelerated ahead and
pulled onto the pavement in front of them. He then climbed from his
seat, opened the door and shouted profanities at the pair.

The bus tour operators, Golden Tours, have said the bus driver was
dismissed after they viewed the footage.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...w-9671595.html

Good.

Driving on the footway is an offence.

Why is this being brought up again, a year after the event? Do we have
anniversaries for these incidents?

Old August 29th 15, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 29/08/2015 13:09, Bod wrote:

Driving on the footway is an offence.

*Shared pavement*.

Not for busses. Nugent is making a joke.

Old August 29th 15, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 29/08/2015 13:18, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2015 13:09, Bod wrote:

Driving on the footway is an offence.

*Shared pavement*.

Not for busses. Nugent is making a joke.

Oh, in that case, ho ho :-)
Old August 29th 15, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/08/2015 13:18, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2015 13:09, Bod wrote:

Driving on the footway is an offence.

*Shared pavement*.

Not for busses. Nugent is making a joke.

Driving a bus onto a footway doesn't sound very funny to me.

It might amuse you.
Old August 29th 15, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 29/08/2015 15:11, JNugent wrote:
On 29/08/2015 13:18, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2015 13:09, Bod wrote:

Driving on the footway is an offence.

*Shared pavement*.

Not for busses. Nugent is making a joke.

Driving a bus onto a footway doesn't sound very funny to me.

It might amuse you.

I drive across the footway every day to park my car.

The bus driver getting filmed and sacked amuses me.
Old August 29th 15, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/08/2015 13:18, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2015 13:09, Bod wrote:

Driving on the footway is an offence.

*Shared pavement*.

Not for busses. Nugent is making a joke.

Driving a bus onto a footway doesn't sound very funny to me.
It might amuse you.

I drive across the footway every day to park my car.

The old ones are the best, eh?

The bus driver getting filmed and sacked amuses me.

I dare say. But there's actually nothing amusing about any of it.
Old August 29th 15, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 29/08/2015 13:18, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2015 13:09, Bod wrote:

Driving on the footway is an offence.

*Shared pavement*.

Not for busses. Nugent is making a joke.

Driving a bus onto a footway doesn't sound very funny to me.
It might amuse you.

I drive across the footway every day to park my car.

The old ones are the best, eh?

The bus driver getting filmed and sacked amuses me.

I dare say. But there's actually nothing amusing about any of it.

Not even a teeny weeny chuckle?