RR: There and Back.

Old February 12th 04, 02:54 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Default RR: There and Back.

Well, yesterday I went to the docs regarding a most desperate post-nasal
drip problem that's had me retching and vomiting for days on end, and has
also messed with my ability to swallow, the swallow muscles being over-taxed
and sore.

I got there, and found out it was a nurse I had to see. So I saw said nurse
and told her the situation, she looked at me blankly, then said I'd need to
see a doctor (duh!), but they were too busy right now, could I come back
later?

So, I made an appt. for 10 to 6 in the p.m. (post mortem), unfortunately
this meant I'd have to miss parent's evening at Taryn's school. ****! I had
to go get myself sorted though, I was desperate - anyone who's suffered with
a persistent and chronic post-nasal drip problem knows that it is sheer
physical and mental torture - I was coming apart at the seams, and I don't
even have any seams!

Anyhow, I got home from seeing the nurse, and self medicated with a little
pot, a little alcohol, and a little dried salvia leaf (sub-lingual) to
remove me slightly from the trauma that was my current incarnation's
physical existence. Soon, I felt somewhat better, and laid on the couch.

When I awoke, it was 20 to freaking 6 - I was gonna be late! So, I picked up
my backpack with the lock in it, grabbed my most beauteous BASE Beast
mountain bicycle, locked up and headed on out.

Wow, felt good to be back on the bike! Leg wasn't hurting at all, and I was
really moving at a clip,or two clips! I took a left down the narrow lane
that runs between deadly looking, pointy, old and rusty iron railings, over
the bridge that spans the River Calder, and off to Whalley Abbey's old
Schoolhouse.

The bike felt really responsive as I tore down the road under the
Schoolhouse arch, hopped up onto the grass verge, and manualed off back to
the road. The local little darlings of the street whistled, clapped and
cheered my most skilful antics. It only took a stern look to make them put
the rocks down.

I swooped around the bends in the road with the prowess, speed and agility
of a paranoid schizophrenic squirrel on crystal meth during a hungry cat
invasion, then took a sharp right-left into the Church's grave yard.

Approaching the graveyard exit, I decided to keep the speed up and drop the
stone steps 2-3 feet into the alley, and landed smoother than puking ghee.
Still no leg pain, which was kinda nice.

I shot out of the alley like a male porn star's ejaculation and crossed the
busy road, turned the corner onto the path, rode up the ramp and locked my
bike to the iron railings outside the doctors surgery, went in and waited.

After I'd finished making the doctor nervous, I explained to her my problem
(well, the one with my 'nasals' anyhow), and she proceeded to prescribe me
antihistamines, and a cortico-steroid nasal spray, for which I thanked her
before leaving.

I rode my route out in reverse to get back home, which I thought was pure
genius navigation on my part, but I'm not one to blow my own trumpet,
especially considering the amount of lower back-pain that causes me.

I was approaching the downward steps out of the graveyard, which by now had
curiously decided to go upwards and into the graveyard. I adjusted my
technique to take into account this capriciousness on the part of the steps,
and with style and flow, achieved the summit easily.

So, back through the yard rides I, faster than a fast thing on fast juice,
then wiggled, swooped and sped my way home, where I went inside and had
myself a very well earned glass of home made wine.

Distance travelled, 1.2 miles. I think I may be back.

Shaun aRe

Old February 12th 04, 05:52 PM
MattB

Default There and Back.

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
Well, yesterday I went to the docs regarding a most desperate
post-nasal drip problem that's had me retching and vomiting for days
on end, and has also messed with my ability to swallow, the swallow
muscles being over-taxed and sore.

I got there, and found out it was a nurse I had to see. So I saw said
nurse and told her the situation, she looked at me blankly, then said
I'd need to see a doctor (duh!), but they were too busy right now,
could I come back later?

So it's the same routine at Doctor's offices over there too, eh? Charged for
both visits too, I'm sure (although your health insurance system isn't quite
as messed up over there is it?). I hate when they do that.

So, I made an appt. for 10 to 6 in the p.m. (post mortem),
unfortunately this meant I'd have to miss parent's evening at Taryn's
school. ****! I had to go get myself sorted though, I was desperate -
anyone who's suffered with a persistent and chronic post-nasal drip
problem knows that it is sheer physical and mental torture - I was
coming apart at the seams, and I don't even have any seams!

Anyhow, I got home from seeing the nurse, and self medicated with a
little pot, a little alcohol, and a little dried salvia leaf
(sub-lingual) to remove me slightly from the trauma that was my
current incarnation's physical existence. Soon, I felt somewhat
better, and laid on the couch.

Heh. That should take care of things. Salvia makes you relaxed? I haven't
gotten into it (I have some extract, but haven't had much desire to partake
for some odd reason). From what I've read you can leave your body with that
plant.

snip

Approaching the graveyard exit, I decided to keep the speed up and
drop the stone steps 2-3 feet into the alley, and landed smoother
than puking ghee. Still no leg pain, which was kinda nice.

Yay! I know the (lack of) feeling! Such a relief!

I shot out of the alley like a male porn star's ejaculation and
crossed the busy road, turned the corner onto the path, rode up the
ramp and locked my bike to the iron railings outside the doctors
surgery, went in and waited.

Nice mental picture.

After I'd finished making the doctor nervous, I explained to her my
problem (well, the one with my 'nasals' anyhow), and she proceeded to
prescribe me antihistamines, and a cortico-steroid nasal spray, for
which I thanked her before leaving.

I rode my route out in reverse to get back home, which I thought was
pure genius navigation on my part, but I'm not one to blow my own
trumpet, especially considering the amount of lower back-pain that
causes me.

Another nice mental picture (damn this vivid imagination!).
Now that you're all hitched that should be something that is taken care of
for you, no?

I was approaching the downward steps out of the graveyard, which by
now had curiously decided to go upwards and into the graveyard. I
adjusted my technique to take into account this capriciousness on the
part of the steps, and with style and flow, achieved the summit
easily.

So, back through the yard rides I, faster than a fast thing on fast
juice, then wiggled, swooped and sped my way home, where I went
inside and had myself a very well earned glass of home made wine.

Distance travelled, 1.2 miles. I think I may be back.

Welcome back!

Shaun aRe

Matt

Old February 12th 04, 09:31 PM
Stephen Baker

Shaun R says:

snip RR

A most excellent adventure, TBS.

Grats.

Steve
Old February 13th 04, 02:41 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:54:23 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer"
wrote:

[...]

Too good thanks,
Bill
....one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them,
one speed to bring them all and on the trails pass them
In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...
Old February 13th 04, 09:16 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"MattB" wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:
Well, yesterday I went to the docs regarding a most desperate
post-nasal drip problem that's had me retching and vomiting for days
on end, and has also messed with my ability to swallow, the swallow
muscles being over-taxed and sore.

I got there, and found out it was a nurse I had to see. So I saw said
nurse and told her the situation, she looked at me blankly, then said
I'd need to see a doctor (duh!), but they were too busy right now,
could I come back later?

So it's the same routine at Doctor's offices over there too, eh? Charged

for
both visits too, I'm sure (although your health insurance system isn't

quite
as messed up over there is it?). I hate when they do that.

Hey Matt!

Nope - we don't get charged for docs/hospital visits etc. we pay our dues in
taxes, and the NHS pays for our medical needs. Still, it's time off work and
costs for that.

So, I made an appt. for 10 to 6 in the p.m. (post mortem),
unfortunately this meant I'd have to miss parent's evening at Taryn's
school. ****! I had to go get myself sorted though, I was desperate -
anyone who's suffered with a persistent and chronic post-nasal drip
problem knows that it is sheer physical and mental torture - I was
coming apart at the seams, and I don't even have any seams!

Anyhow, I got home from seeing the nurse, and self medicated with a
little pot, a little alcohol, and a little dried salvia leaf
(sub-lingual) to remove me slightly from the trauma that was my
current incarnation's physical existence. Soon, I felt somewhat
better, and laid on the couch.

Heh. That should take care of things. Salvia makes you relaxed?

In low, carefully measured doses, it does to an extent, but I used it more
for the slight dissociative effect.

I haven't
gotten into it (I have some extract, but haven't had much desire to

partake
for some odd reason). From what I've read you can leave your body with

that
plant.

It can and often does, scare the **** out of people - Sally isn't for
patying, it's a working, visionary herb, and can be _very_ powerful. If you
do use, be careful, have someone with you who isn't partaking, and don't use
too much. Might take a few times before it appears to have any effect, then
can suddenly work full-force, which can be...ahem, misleading.

snip

Approaching the graveyard exit, I decided to keep the speed up and
drop the stone steps 2-3 feet into the alley, and landed smoother
than puking ghee. Still no leg pain, which was kinda nice.

Yay! I know the (lack of) feeling! Such a relief!

On the one hand, on the other, felt like losing an old friend, heheheh...

I shot out of the alley like a male porn star's ejaculation and
crossed the busy road, turned the corner onto the path, rode up the
ramp and locked my bike to the iron railings outside the doctors
surgery, went in and waited.

Nice mental picture.

That's what I though. ',;~}~

After I'd finished making the doctor nervous, I explained to her my
problem (well, the one with my 'nasals' anyhow), and she proceeded to
prescribe me antihistamines, and a cortico-steroid nasal spray, for
which I thanked her before leaving.

I rode my route out in reverse to get back home, which I thought was
pure genius navigation on my part, but I'm not one to blow my own
trumpet, especially considering the amount of lower back-pain that
causes me.

Another nice mental picture (damn this vivid imagination!).

Heheheh, well, I felt like having a bit of fun with words. So sue me ',;~}~

Now that you're all hitched that should be something that is taken care of
for you, no?

It would be rude of me to tell you the truth, which is 'yes'...heh...

I was approaching the downward steps out of the graveyard, which by
now had curiously decided to go upwards and into the graveyard. I
adjusted my technique to take into account this capriciousness on the
part of the steps, and with style and flow, achieved the summit
easily.

So, back through the yard rides I, faster than a fast thing on fast
juice, then wiggled, swooped and sped my way home, where I went
inside and had myself a very well earned glass of home made wine.

Distance travelled, 1.2 miles. I think I may be back.

Welcome back!

Heheheh, cheers! Although, this RR and the 'may be back' comment was
intended as tongue-in-cheek. I'm very unfit at the moment, cardio-vascularly
speaking.

Later!

Shaun aRe

Old February 13th 04, 09:18 AM
Shaun Rimmer

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
Shaun R says:

snip RR

A most excellent adventure, TBS.

Grats.

Steve

Thanks Steve, happy to have you along! Heheheheh...

Shaun aRe sick to death of docs and hossies - gotta go for an abdominal
ultra-sound this afternoon too.

Old February 13th 04, 09:19 AM
Shaun Rimmer

wrote:

[...]

Cheers Bill! You do realise though dontcha, that I used *all* of my 27
gears? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old February 13th 04, 01:16 PM
GeeDubb

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

Distance travelled, 1.2 miles. I think I may be back.

Classic! If I could only write so well.

Maybe I'll have to try that ride when I'm over there next month!g

Gary

Old February 13th 04, 02:25 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"GeeDubb" wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

Distance travelled, 1.2 miles. I think I may be back.

Classic! If I could only write so well.

Why thankee kindly good sir!

Maybe I'll have to try that ride when I'm over there next month!g

Heck man, you better be multi *and* highly skilled if ya think yer gonna
navigate the dangers of that tiny rural graveyard safely! Not to mention
that whole dangerously technical business of turning
corners...shud-d-d-der.

Shaun aRe - So, where you gonna visit then?

Old February 13th 04, 05:54 PM
Paladin

"Shaun Rimmer" wrote in message ...
Well, yesterday I went to the docs regarding a most desperate post-nasal
drip problem that's had me retching and vomiting for days on end, and has
also messed with my ability to swallow, the swallow muscles being over-taxed

Distance travelled, 1.2 miles. I think I may be back.

Shaun aRe

I agree, YBNormal, you wild man?!
fun write-up.

paladin