Curved Spine from trials

Old August 26th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

Default Curved Spine from trials

I have just started to re-learn trials. When doing a small 2 foot gap
seat in, I felt a small strain in my lower back.

The next day my whole spine was curved. It is painful, but the real
problem is how awkward it is to walk or sit or bend or anything.

I went to the doctor yesterday. He said it is just a pulled muscle in
my back that is forcing the spine to curve. Getting an x ray tomorrow
to make sure. Has anyone else experienced this? It is kind of scary.

[image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3061/...41ecd.jpg?v=0][image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/...4af2b.jpg?v=0]

--
lpounds

'Levi' (http://tinyurl.com/6l5fmr)
'Photos'
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/25192939@N06/)
'Unicycle' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7MiIYTE5Yo)
'Juggle'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-q-VOaDB7M&feature=related)
'EGG'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y-Zwr3-i4k&feature=related)
Old August 26th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

Yikes, that looks very painful. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

--
vanpaun

'sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'My Video' (http://tinyurl.com/3tv4cl)
Old August 26th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

lpounds wrote:
I have just started to re-learn trials. When doing a small 2 foot gap
seat in, I felt a small strain in my lower back.

The next day my whole spine was curved. It is painful, but the real
problem is how awkward it is to walk or sit or bend or anything.

I went to the doctor yesterday. He said it is just a pulled muscle in
my back that is forcing the spine to curve. Getting an x ray tomorrow
to make sure. Has anyone else experienced this? It is kind of scary.

[image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3061/...41ecd.jpg?v=0][image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3018/...4af2b.jpg?v=0]

never experienced it, looks pretty gruesome.

Jake and Elwood dont seem amused.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)
'
Come ride with me on August 22nd and 23rd!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=71517), Please
contact me with the provided information, considering the thread is
locked.

Old August 26th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

Friend I knew had it, not from unicycling (I don't think). But I
believe he had some sort of reconstructive surgery on his back. Might
not have been this sort of "injury?"

--
adjuggler

-Last edited by 'SixSixOne' (sixsixone.com) :
'Youtube-ay' (youtube.com/adjuggler) at
'Vim:eo' (vimeo.com/adjuggler) PM.-
Anyone in the DC area up for a ride, gimme a buzz.
-David
Old August 26th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Enoch

I guy I used to work with came in one day looking like that. He went to
a chiropractor and came back the next day all straightened out.

I'm still not a big fan of them.

--
Enoch
Old August 26th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

my back looks like that but it's cuz I have scoliosis

--
Nicf

'municycle.ca' (http://www.municycle.ca) the Best unicycle store
in canada!!
Old August 26th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

Hmm yeah. I go to the chiropractor, but I haven't had a chance to find
a new one in Toronto since my regular one is at home an hour away.

I will probably end up going that route.

Old August 26th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

lpounds wrote:
Hmm yeah. I go to the chiropractor, but I haven't had a chance to find
a new one in Toronto since my regular one is at home an hour away.

I will probably end up going that route.

chiropractor are bogus don't waste you money

Edit: this is obviously an muscle pob so go to the physiotherapist

Old August 26th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lpounds

I hear you (maybe). I have been going to one for my whole life but I
really can't tell if it is doing any good.

I do know I have more back problems than anyone i know.

--
lpounds

'Levi' (http://tinyurl.com/6l5fmr)
'Photos'
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/25192939@N06/)
'Unicycle' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7MiIYTE5Yo)
'Juggle'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-q-VOaDB7M&feature=related)
'EGG'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=3y-Zwr3-i4k&feature=related)

Triangular curved spokes! [email protected] Techniques 0 May 23rd 07 06:52 AM
Curved seat stays Nobody Techniques 16 May 8th 05 11:35 AM
curved bmx seatpost on a coker teachndad Unicycling 0 January 31st 05 07:49 AM
curved or straight frames? Worminton Unicycling 16 July 18th 04 01:18 PM
Mesh seat irritates spine BarryG Recumbent Biking 3 September 29th 03 02:42 AM