Approaching Milestone for ARBR

Old August 2nd 05, 09:54 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
news:1123007555.2e68f61f32e03b0fc47ca4fe2011a87c@t eranews...
"Jeff Grippe" wrote

There is no set of rules that must be followed
about how to post.

Certainly, nntp is just code and bits and storage. And
alt.* is even more free-range in content and control
than the big 5. Posters' choice, yes, what and how
you respond,-- and others now, and those before, also
here by choice, or no longer here by choice.

[...]

And pray tell, what is "the big 5?"

I do note a lot of "alt." in connection with various newsgroups. Is this a
downgrade I wonder? Why aren't we just "rec.?"

I know that Jon Meinecke knows this stuff, but he is a kill filer and so is
out of the loop of ARBR - except for trivial posts that start nowhere and go
nowhere. Anyone else know?
[...]

My question: What do you lend him by engagement and
what is the broader effect? Not that it matters...

Here is Jon Meinecke at his very worst, taking Jeff Grippe to task because
we are having an interesting and enjoyable conversation about top posting,
abortion, New York Jews, sex, etc. Why, oh why can't we be boring and dead
like old Jon is. That is the question that he is asking.

Jealousy and spite is ever what Jon Meinecke is all about. He is right down
there with old Cletus Lee of Texas, another jackass who never knew which way
was up.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old August 2nd 05, 10:01 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
news:1123007555.2e68f61f32e03b0fc47ca4fe2011a87c@t eranews...
"Jeff Grippe" wrote

My question: What do you lend him by engagement and
what is the broader effect? Not that it matters...

I'm a slow learner and he show glimmers of rationality at times but I
think I've finally got it. I hope that is the last time I'm sucked into
one of his idiotic tirades.

Jeff

When I pass Tom Sherman as the most prolific poster ever to ARBR you can
look forward to a momentous announcement by me. I will expect
congratulations and best wishes from all and sundry. Some of you may want to
send me special gifts. Only soreheads like Meinecke will refuse to
acknowledge my Greatness. Stay tuned!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 05, 04:00 AM
Slugger

In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
news:1123007555.2e68f61f32e03b0fc47ca4fe2011a87c@t eranews...
"Jeff Grippe" wrote

My question: What do you lend him by engagement and
what is the broader effect? Not that it matters...

I'm a slow learner and he show glimmers of rationality at times but I
think I've finally got it. I hope that is the last time I'm sucked into
one of his idiotic tirades.

Jeff

When I pass Tom Sherman as the most prolific poster ever to ARBR you can
look forward to a momentous announcement by me. I will expect
congratulations and best wishes from all and sundry. Some of you may want to
send me special gifts. Only soreheads like Meinecke will refuse to
acknowledge my Greatness. Stay tuned!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

How cute!
Eddie misses his play friend Tom Sherman.
Old August 3rd 05, 01:11 PM
Jon Meinecke

"Jeff Grippe" wrote

"Jon Meinecke" wrote
My question: What do you lend him by engagement and
what is the broader effect? Not that it matters...

I'm a slow learner

Not from what I've seen,-- simply more patient than most.

A number of posters have attempted to respond to even
the most irrational and abusive posts rationally. Some have
tried polite appeals with humor. Some have tried logic.
A few have sunk to his level.

Some have reached a different conclusion with respect
to the master baiters' games and the continued useful
existence of ARBR.

"The only way to win the game, is not to play at all."
-- WOPR, _War Games_

show glimmers of rationality at times

May be genuine. May be a ploy. Doesn't matter.
The continuing effect is to command attention, attract
certain responses, and in the opinion of many, reduce
the topical and community appeal of the newsgroup.

A number of posters of many years standing here, generous
with their expertise, experience, and helpful observations
are no longer actively participating. *Their choice.*

Many left when the norm of constructive interaction and
friendly discourse became more and more exceptional,
overwhelmed by vulgar insult and abuse in an ever more
"look at me, look at me" exhibition by one who functions
as a veritable black hole of wisdom and insight. *His
choice.*

Our choice, if we value this community, remains as
always,-- Do we take the bait?

Jon Meinecke

Old August 3rd 05, 03:28 PM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Edward Dolan
wrote:

[...]

Tom Sherman is not missed, neither by me nor anyone else. He was a plodder,
much like Meinecke. The few times he ever got inspired was when he came
under my influence. He was a dyed in the wool liberal and therefore
hopeless - much like upyerbumbum Slugger that way. The only difference is
that I had to more careful around Tom because he showed glimmers of
intelligence from time to time, something Slugger never does.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 05, 04:47 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
news:1123070955.23326337c0a5616ca1fd9762d5182b65@t eranews...
"Jeff Grippe" wrote

"Jon Meinecke" wrote
My question: What do you lend him by engagement and
what is the broader effect? Not that it matters...

I'm a slow learner

Not from what I've seen,-- simply more patient than most.

Here is Meinecke trying to ingratiate himself with Jeff. The question is
will Jeff fall for it. These New York Jews, whatever else you might want to
say about them, are at least smart and not easily taken in by weasel words.
Stay tuned.

A number of posters have attempted to respond to even
the most irrational and abusive posts rationally. Some have
tried polite appeals with humor. Some have tried logic.
A few have sunk to his level.

Some have reached a different conclusion with respect
to the master baiters' games and the continued useful
existence of ARBR.

Here is Meinecke trying to be a bit foul, but without going overboard. He
likes to play on the words "master baiter," as much as his limited wit will
permit. Just because he is into masturbating doesn't mean a Great Saint like
Saint Edward is. It is really funny when these heavy Germanic types like
Meinecke try to contest with quicksilver Gaelic types like myself.

"The only way to win the game, is not to play at all."
-- WOPR, _War Games_

show glimmers of rationality at times

May be genuine. May be a ploy. Doesn't matter.
The continuing effect is to command attention, attract
certain responses, and in the opinion of many, reduce
the topical and community appeal of the newsgroup.

I made short work of Meinecke many years ago when he pretended to be a
professor of intelligence. Very funny. Discussing anything with him is like
talking to a dead man. Abandon hope, all ye who enter into a conversation
with Meinecke!

Thank God this nut case has kill filled me. Now I can tell the rest of the
group what to think of him without having to put up with his feeble
protestations.

A number of posters of many years standing here, generous
with their expertise, experience, and helpful observations
are no longer actively participating. *Their choice.*

They are mostly to be found on BROL now where they continue to post their
idiocies to the delight of other numskulls. Why not go there and stay there
if you like those kind of moronic posts. The HPV lists are another good
source for getting bored out of your skull.

Many left when the norm of constructive interaction and
friendly discourse became more and more exceptional,
overwhelmed by vulgar insult and abuse in an ever more
"look at me, look at me" exhibition by one who functions
as a veritable black hole of wisdom and insight. *His
choice.*

This group was taken down by a single criminal vandal troll. Meinecke was no
where to be found when it occurred. I have nothing but contempt for him
because he would not defend the group when it came under attack.

I charge Meinecke with being a coward. Why he even professes to have any
concern for this group is one of the supreme mysteries when there was not a
peep out of him when the criminal vandal troll was destroying this group.
Meinecke is too despicable for words!

Yes, he will take on me through proxies (he is a kill filer who does not
directly take me on ever) because he knows he is dealing with a gentleman
and a scholar. If I am also a bit of a troll, I am a good and law abiding
troll. Meinecke only shows a bare minimum of guts when he is dealing (via
proxies) with a Great Saint like myself.

When Meinecke has to deal with a real flesh and blood criminal vandal troll,
his guts turn yellow. If he had any brains at all that was in any way
connected to his gut, he would have the good grace to never mention this
subject (the welfare of the group) again and move on. My opinion of him is
set in concrete and it is never going to change.

When it came time for Meinecke to show what he was made of, he did a
disappearing act. When confronted with a real troll, a criminal vandal
troll, he was nowhere to be found. His hypocrisy is monumental and he has no
credibility whatsoever on this issue of concern for ARBR. He was as one with
Tom Sherman, another coward who took to the tall grass when the going got
rough.

Our choice, if we value this community, remains as
always,-- Do we take the bait?

Jon Meinecke

Meinecke sure does not value this group as he would not defend it when it
came under attack. Such cowardice revolts me. Meinecke is nothing but a
whiner and complainer who has the peculiar knack of never saying anything
the least bit interesting. I do not know how you get to be such a dull
person. I think maybe you have to be born that way or else take special
instruction in how to become tiresome.

Meinecke needs to take a cue from that other major ARBR coward, Tom Sherman,
and leave this group forever since he has shown where his loyalties lie. He
will be happiest on BROL with all the other dullards and idiots to be found
there. Mr. Ball, the moderator of that forum and the quintessential liberal
who thought is was just fine for liberals to post to ARBR but not for
conservatives, will welcome him with open arms. It will be a marriage made
in Hell like all marriages.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 05, 05:13 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
news:1123070955.23326337c0a5616ca1fd9762d5182b65@t eranews...
[...]
Our choice, if we value this community, remains as
always,-- Do we take the bait?

Jon Meinecke

Choice was the theme of Meinecke's latest outrageous post to the group.

Yes, Meinecke certainly did have a choice when the criminal vandal troll was
here destroying the group last winter. He chose not to say anything at all.
That other great coward, Tom Sherman, also chose not to say anything at all.

Instead of blathering about choice, maybe Meinecke could enlighten the group
on why he did not enter into the fray when the group was being destroyed.

Who values the community when it comes under attack, someone who defends it
or someone who absents himself? Too many like Meinecke and Sherman and we
can all cash in our chips and prepare to go to Hell.

Choice indeed!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 05, 05:16 PM
Jeff Grippe

Meinecke

Wow Eddie. You really don't like him do you?

Old August 3rd 05, 09:42 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
Meinecke

Wow Eddie. You really don't like him do you?

Meinecke to his credit does not mention me by name, but we all know who he
is talking about. I say to his credit because he has kill filed me and
therefore never knows what I am saying fully. He only gets me in bits and
pieces from others who quote me at least partially in their responses. He is
another Cletus Lee who used to operate this way too. They are birds of a
feather - ostriches.

Meinecke is a very underhanded kind of character, almost like a woman that
way. I DO mention him by name over and over because I want the group to know
what kind of scoundrel he is. I think we men admire open and above board
kind of guys who do not beat about the bush. Now, of course, I am talking
about myself.

Meinecke ought to direct his complaints to me instead of to the ether. But I
will know how to respond to him no matter how he chooses to evade me when he
is whining about me to newbies like Jeff.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 05, 11:08 PM
Edward Dolan

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 07:11:07 -0500, "Jon Meinecke"
wrote:

Major Snipage

Our choice, if we value this community, remains as
always,-- Do we take the bait?

Jon Meinecke

I trwoo-woo-woohly wooden touch it! It stinks!

Indiana Mike

Newbies come and go and so do some of the regulars who can't take the heat.
The newbies get their two bits worth of information about recumbents and go
away feeling good about ARBR. Some of the regulars go to BROL where,
provided they are sufficiently dumb and stupid, are satisfied, and others,
the ones with brains, miss the give and take of ARBR and soon return. ARBR
is for adults. If you are not an adult, then be gone and stay gone.

Many thanks Ed for keeping this group interesting and alive. Without you
ARBR would be the pits, even worse than BROL and the HPV lists. By God Ed,
if I do say so myself, you are truly Great - and I know you are a Great
Saint too. Keep up the good work!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

New milestone: metric century rubic Unicycling 16 September 21st 08 10:26 PM
approaching horses sean UK 31 January 24th 05 09:37 AM
OT you know Christmas is approaching when; MartinM UK 9 November 26th 04 05:49 PM
Milestone Mandell Unicycling 4 August 23rd 03 09:02 AM