cadence

Old August 25th 05, 10:18 PM
Sniper8052

Default cadence

I wan't to do some calcs for a project but need some data, could any of you
who know your average sustainable cadence post them here for me? If you
know your speed and gearing at that cadence that would also be super.

Thanks

Sniper8052
Old August 26th 05, 02:40 PM
Dave Larrington

Also sprach Sniper8052 :
I wan't to do some calcs for a project but need some data, could any
of you who know your average sustainable cadence post them here for
me? If you know your speed and gearing at that cadence that would
also be super.

Wotcher Sniper, fancy meeting you in here!

I try to keep mine between 100 and 115 in all gears, though /seriously/
steep hills will drag it down into the 60s in bottom gear. That's in a 13"
gear - 24 front, 34 rear, 406 drive wheel - at about 3 km/h. Trikes are a
Good Thing from this point of view...

Me, I wanna be an anglepoise lamp, yeah!

Old August 27th 05, 08:39 AM
Sniper8052

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:40:20 +0100, Dave Larrington wrote:

Also sprach Sniper8052 :
I wan't to do some calcs for a project but need some data, could any
of you who know your average sustainable cadence post them here for
me? If you know your speed and gearing at that cadence that would
also be super.

Wotcher Sniper, fancy meeting you in here!

I try to keep mine between 100 and 115 in all gears, though /seriously/
steep hills will drag it down into the 60s in bottom gear. That's in a 13"
gear - 24 front, 34 rear, 406 drive wheel - at about 3 km/h. Trikes are a
Good Thing from this point of view...

Hello Legs,

That's great info, I sent of an email to Optima about the gearing on the
Baron. They use a PG970_sram 11-21 with a 39/52 chain set but also said
they could supply up to a 75 tooth chainwheel! Your cadence pretty much
matches my own so thats a help, I have never been into sport cycling in the
past so this is a new ballgame, before I got there sooner or later, now I
need to set goals and achieve them.

Thanks

Sniper8052